Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Project Slide2Unlock!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #41
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Why not simply weld a bung in your pan? You have access to a TIG?
No tig. Only mig. MIGHT be able to pull some strings and hit up the welder from Hennessey and see if he could do it before work one day but i hate asking favors.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #42
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
No tig. Only mig. MIGHT be able to pull some strings and hit up the welder from Hennessey and see if he could do it before work one day but i hate asking favors.
gotcha.

You might want to compare the cost of hiring someone to weld it vs buying the turbo pan.

Just a thought.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #43
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
gotcha.

You might want to compare the cost of hiring someone to weld it vs buying the turbo pan.

Just a thought.
Well im trying to buy a turbo manifold from a guy currently and he has a turbo pan too so gonna try to get em together.

Was supposed to buy an intercooler and spare block today but the damn DB wont text me back now

Was gonna make a glass table top for the block and use it as a table in my living room till i needed it but guess that aint happening anymore
Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #44
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Well im trying to buy a turbo manifold from a guy currently and he has a turbo pan too so gonna try to get em together.

Was supposed to buy an intercooler and spare block today but the damn DB wont text me back now

Was gonna make a glass table top for the block and use it as a table in my living room till i needed it but guess that aint happening anymore
Ah ok well that makes sense.

Call the DB and make death threats in his inbox
Old 07-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #45
DerpWerx Fab

Turbo manifold and oil pan have both been paid for and are shipping out monday now i don have to weld my pan atleast
Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #46
DerpWerx Fab

Got the pair for $180 shipped from cali. Not crazy cheap but considering these manifolds are getting difficult to find i had no choice
Old 07-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #47
DerpWerx Fab

Hit up a buddy i used to work with... After everything is installed, i can say my car will be tuned by hennessey performance

Gonna get a 10psi tune for daily driving/racing and a 16psi tune for those oh shit races where i have to risk blowing my engine to win a race
everything is coming together very nicely
Old 07-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #48
DerpWerx Fab

Ebay sucks! All i need off ebay is the EDIS-6 module, dodge coil pack, and the 440cc supra injectors with pigtails and ebay has none of the above

Guess il be calling the scrap yards tmro and see if anyone has anything.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #49
DerpWerx Fab

Also, got the turbo picked out.

Might have minor lag but its a racecar so oh well. Will just have to brake boost and boost launch it when race time comes

Itll be a Garret GT3076 ($1,500 )
Damn ball bearings are spensive!

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...de=GRT-TBO-005

Hopefully will have full spool around 3k rpm which will give me a beautiful lil powerband from 3k to 6,500rpm.

And around 16psi of boost, il be close to 400hp

400hp. In a 2,300lb.. RWD...2 door.. Standard.. 50/50 weigh distribution car = Track monster and street killer.

First thing im doing after getting my hot tune is finally racing my friends camaro at the track. We got $500 on the line.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #50
braaap

Nice. Wish I was baller enough to bet $500 on anything haha.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:28 AM   #51
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Nice. Wish I was baller enough to bet $500 on anything haha.
Its been a loooooong time coming and all he does is talk shit and say he has the fastest car in town but never actually races. The only way to get him to race is to bet a decent amount of money.

And if i do beat him in the race, hes a true baller and will end up selling his car and buying a faster one just so he can say hes the fastest one again.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #52
braaap

Lol. I'm assuming its got an ls1? If so good luck haha.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #53
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Lol. I'm assuming its got an ls1? If so good luck haha.
Yea its a low 12 second car. But hes got full interior and a system in the trunk so im assuming he weighs around 3,300lbs

So 3,000-3,500lbs and 350-375hp to the wheels
And i weigh 2,300-2,500lbs and will have 325-350hp on the hot tune

I SHOULD win.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #54
DerpWerx Fab

Anddd its official. My standalone engine management has been ordered!
Cant believe how reasonably priced it actually is to get a full system.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #55
DerpWerx Fab

Took her for her last spin as a naturally aspirated car. Yes my dash is cracked to shit and faded. Its a 40yr old car. Dont hate lol Project Slide2Unlock!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373340997.056125.jpg
Old 07-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #56
DerpWerx Fab

More notes for myself
Ordered today=
Full Megasquirt-II setup
New exhaust/intake manifold gasket
High Capacity oil pump (since oil now has to get fed to turbo)
Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #57
DerpWerx Fab

Goodbye distributor! Hello EDIS Project Slide2Unlock!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373477706.737102.jpg
Old 07-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #58
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #59
DerpWerx Fab

Had to order a new trigger wheel for the VR sensor since i dont have any local machine shops to machine my stock pulley and press the ford trigger wheel onto it.

Have been spraying engine mount bolts and exhaust/intake bolts down with WD-40 every night the past 3 nights and am goin to try and pull the engine and trans out this weekend.

Reason why is cause i cant pull the oil pan off while engine is in. So gonna pull the engine and tap the oil pan for turbo feed/return lines. While engine is out, intake manifold and headers are coming off along with pretty much whatever wiring is left inside engine bay.

Then engine bay will get degreased(Purple Power FTW!), hand sanded, and painted black to stop any rust and give it a much cleaner look.

Still have to find:
Non webbed-non EGR intake manifold
Supra 440cc injectors
Order a custom fuel rail for the injectors
And a 240sx 60mm throttle body

I believe thats all thats left of the 'scrapyard/craigslist find' parts.

Also gonna Install the megasquirt system while engine is out to allow for a clean install and wont have to reach around the engine and stuff to run wires along/through the firewall.

Still confident that car will be together and running within 2 months.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #60
DerpWerx Fab

And this is when i start hating my life lololol Project Slide2Unlock!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373593725.154182.jpg

Products Discussed in this Thread