Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Project Slide2Unlock!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #101
Massive Member
grueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
grueinthebox's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta love all the extra room to work in those old engine compartments.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #102
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grueinthebox View Post
Gotta love all the extra room to work in those old engine compartments.
No lie! Im also helping my friend turbo his CRX and its crazy how small the engine bay is compared to mine Project Slide2Unlock!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1374814352.761790.jpg
Old 08-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #104
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well just dropped the manifold off at a shop. I have to get studs that are longer to fit the flange for the turbo and upon removal of them, 2 snapped inside manifold. Didn't wanna risk having ez outs break on me so left it to a professional.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #105
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 08-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #106
DerpWerx Fab

Manifold is still at machine shop so no updates yet.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:47 AM   #107
Massive Member
grueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrueinthebox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Manifold is still at machine shop so no updates yet.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #108
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
An updates?
Old 08-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #109
DerpWerx Fab

Should get exhaust manifold back tomorrow. Then I get to mock up the turbo.
After turbo is mocked up I'm going to have to drill a hole in the (cast ) manifold and weld a J pipe to it for the Wastegate flange.
I'm going to get it tig welded professionally and gonna pray it holds(cast sucks to weld) because its the only option I have.

THEN after the exhaust manifold is all finished up and turbo and Wastegates mounted, I have to port the intake(44mm) to fit the 240sx throttle body(60mm).
After that, the intake and exhaust manifolds will be permanently mounted thank The Lord lol.
Then I need to pick up a Mishimoto intercooler capable of 600hp(currently on the hunt) and route all the piping.
Then need to mount the radiator with an electric fan.
That'll finish up the major stuff.
Then mount fuel rail.

Then it's just a matter of wiring the megasquirt system up and turn the key and hope its all right lol.

I'm not far but not really close either. Still hoping within 1 month to have it runnin without a tune.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #110
Massive Member

Quote:
Should get exhaust manifold back tomorrow. Then I get to mock up the turbo.
After turbo is mocked up I'm going to have to drill a hole in the (cast ) manifold and weld a J pipe to it for the Wastegate flange.
I'm going to get it tig welded professionally and gonna pray it holds(cast sucks to weld) because its the only option I have.
Silly question, but you seem to have the skills and equipment - why not fab up your own manifold? Even if it's not computer designed and flow tested, it's likely going to be at least as good as a cast piece - likely better.

If I had the tools and wasn't a shit welder I'd give it a go. Heck, I might not even let the shit welding skills deter me if I had the tools.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #111
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by grueinthebox View Post
Silly question, but you seem to have the skills and equipment - why not fab up your own manifold? Even if it's not computer designed and flow tested, it's likely going to be at least as good as a cast piece - likely better.

If I had the tools and wasn't a shit welder I'd give it a go. Heck, I might not even let the shit welding skills deter me if I had the tools.
Manifold = $100.

Time it would take to design my own manifold AND make it all fit = way more than $100 in man hours alone.
Making a manifold requires a metric shit ton of fab work. I might try to make one on the side after all this but for $100, I'd rather just buy one. And that's why I did.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #112
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing.
I like the blue and white too. I dont think Carroll Shelby thought "mall cruiser" when he painted the cobras blue with white stripes.
That said I like your car. I work with a guy who drifts. He's got a turbo miata, its pretty ugly but I guess he does pretty good with it. He had a 240sx, sold it. He's since picked up a 2000(I think) Subi Impreza wagon and is in the process of putting an LS6 with a T56 in it. It's a huge mess right now, but should be very cool when he's done.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #113
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Subbing.
I like the blue and white too. I dont think Carroll Shelby thought "mall cruiser" when he painted the cobras blue with white stripes.
That said I the car. I work with a guy who drifts. He's got a turbo miata, its pretty ugly but I guess he does pretty good with it. He had a 240sx, sold it. He's since picked up a 2000(I think) Subi Impreza wagon and is in the process of putting an LS6 with a T56 in it. It's a huge mess right now, but should be very cool when he's done.
Mmmm.

Miata
Old 08-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #114
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd. fun to see a little something different. Should be a monster! I kind of half-heartedly did this with my S-10...but i just put a massive (for an S10) engine it it and that's about as far as i got.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #115
DerpWerx Fab

Still waiting on the manifold to get back so in the mean time worked on my taco some lol. Project Slide2Unlock!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375851020.233588.jpg

Just kinda sitting around twiddling thumbs for now.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #116
DerpWerx Fab

No manifold yet. Gonna call tomorrow and see what the deal is.

Also, car might go up for sale after this
Old 08-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #117
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 08-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #118
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

WTF why?
Old 08-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #119
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
WTF why?
Kase has "issues" with keeping things after buying them.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #120
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Products Discussed in this Thread