Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

So...I got a Jeep...Build thread

Old 07-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Matt
tacofire38's Tacoma Gallery
So...I got a Jeep...Build thread

I know I know a lot of guys on here don't like jeeps but I have always

wanted one as a weekend toy to play around with. Plus I have a

PreRunner so it will be fun to have a 4x4 that isn't my daily driver.

Anyway my father and I bought the jeep this past weekend. It is a 1995

Jeep YJ Wrangler with only 61000 miles. Got it from an old man who just

used it to get around his ranch. Good in line 4 motor but the outside

needs a little love. It is also completely stock other than the wheels and

tires so it will be fun to start building it up. Hope yall enjoy the build.

And on to the pics.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
I look forward to see where this goes. I love the 90s wranglers. Something about them.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man!! I also have a 95 YJ 4.0. Don't like it as much as the Tacoma, but its a nice "extra" vehicle for nice weather days
Old 07-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
If I could have any offroad vehicle besides my truck it would be a 90's jeep for sure. Love them.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
I look forward to see where this goes. I love the 90s wranglers. Something about them.
Thanks! Ya I cant wait to start on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WThomas1250 View Post
Nice man!! I also have a 95 YJ 4.0. Don't like it as much as the Tacoma, but its a nice "extra" vehicle for nice weather days
Same here, itll be nice to get something else muddy besides my truck lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
If I could have any offroad vehicle besides my truck it would be a 90's jeep for sure. Love them.
Ya the YJs are my favorite style for sure other than the CJs
Old 07-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
So you actually gonna wheel with us now?
Old 07-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
Captain Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
So you actually gonna wheel with us now?
LOL if yall don't mind wheeling with a jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Nice op that thing is awesome definetly good can't believe it only has 61000 miles
Ya I thought it was bs but sure enough its all original...never even been inspected in its life
Old 07-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
Captain Taco

Small update...just got the insurance on the jeep and will be picking it up tomorrow after work man tomorrow is gonna drag by!!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofire38 View Post
LOL if yall don't mind wheeling with a jeep

You won't be the first heep we've wheeled with and had to save
Old 07-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #11
Captain Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
You won't be the first heep we've wheeled with and had to save
Ha we will just see if I need saving lol
Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed, good luck with the build.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #13
4wd is awesome
4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future

Name: Collin
4x4yota's Tacoma Gallery
Nice heep. (Coming from a jeep background) there fun
jeeps are like legos for bigs kids

Haha i bet u will have fun getting u to the short wheelbase. Its weird i drove a wrangler once and when u slightly start to turn the wheel the whole thing turns like on a dime. Haha its weird
Old 08-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #14
Captain Taco

UPDATE!!!

Just some small things. This weekend we got some new wheels and tires for the jeep. We went with Unique 15x8 black wheels wrapped in 31x10.5x15 Falken A/T. Waiting on the new center caps to come in so just put the old ones back on for now. Also put a new belt on it and drove it around pretty much all weekend. Will be changing all the fluids this week and just ordered new front seats last night

Sorry kinda crappy pics

Old 09-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #15
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Never been a big on jeeps.. But yours is really sweet looking!!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
This thing is in remarkably good condition. Nice find!

Jeep aftermarket is bigger than Tacoma's. Hope your wallet is ready.