Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

jberry's Expo Trailer Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #321
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Bupdate?
Old 10-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #322
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Nada.
Can't work on a the trailer from Modesto (last week)...or Dallas (this week).
Being "technically" in sales sucks when it comes up on the end of the fiscal year (this month).
Old 10-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #323
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Modesto. Garden spot of the west!

Dallas? Almost the same. At Least with regard to working.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #324
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished readin so far... Awesome build! I'm far from being ready to build one yet but you've got some great ways to solve problems I've come up with all ready
Old 10-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #325
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not a whole lot new....but at least it's something.
Never have to look for a beer bottle opener as I put one on each corner.

http://youtu.be/yo-55U5n4Aw

And yes Jerry....I did gusset that.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #326
The Mad Scientist

FINALLY had a weekend home. Was working on the trailer all day today. Not gonna showing all my cards today, but here's some teasers.

Seemingly normal and incognito driver's side door with a sexy t-handle lock and a beer bottle opener gusset on the tent poles. Nothing to see here right?

Until you open it up.
I mean....we are talking about me here. Not saying I'm prone to accidents, but I've averaged 3/4 of a surgery per year over the last 5 years....so, SAFETY FIRST! Not to mention two kids who every day start taking after me more and more.
Compliments of my local Rotopax dealer, the man who cuts any and every possible thing I need in terms of custom plate work, gussets, beer bottle openers, and generally a great all around vendor and friend....Relenteless Eric. Fit like a damn glove! Fit so well, I'm contemplating getting an empty Rotopax container for the other door just for misc shit you always wish you had while camping and yet can't seem to find. Misses jberry insisted on a wine bottle opener be included somewhere since I have 4 beer bottle openers built in, so I it seems like a perfect candidate for housing that.

Also got some work done on the tailgate.
Fold down tabletop held in place by some toggle clamps, paper towel dispenser, and once again because we're talking about me....an ABC fire extinguisher.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #327
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lockable gun storage, too?
Old 10-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #328

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I might have put the roll on the table and made the table bigger.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #329
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
Lockable gun storage, too?
I live in NV now.
"Lockable" and "Gun Storage" are not normally used in the same sentence.

That said, I could put whatever I wanted inside the trailer and ensure I lock all three t-handles and still be compliant to CA's criteria for firearm transportation so long as they are unloaded.

On the other hand...I've never consented to a vehicle search either.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #331
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I LOVE this build! Can't wait to get crack-uh-lackin' on my trailer
Old 10-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #332
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I live in NV now.

That said, I could put whatever I wanted inside the trailer and ensure I lock all three t-handles and still be compliant to CA's criteria for firearm transportation so long as they are unloaded.

You lucky s.o.b. and your damned NV gun laws.......i was just thinking about when you leave the rig alone while gettin gas or something.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #333
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I might have put the roll on the table and made the table bigger.
Goddamnit I said I'm not showing all my cards yet! Just you wait.
It was strategic, I assure you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Love it man!

Id totally do a second rotopax on the other door too. And since its you..you could get one of the first aid ones haha or the emergency kit..

wow..im an idiot..read this in my email and posted after scanning the pics..you already did that haha

go for the empty black one!
SAFETY FIRST damnit! If anything else it will carry spare parts that I'm prone to....umm..."testing the limits" of.

I'll probably do another orange one just to alleviate my anal retentive problems and for better feng shui. Not only that that the orange ones are 6 bucks cheaper. Figure I could get an empty "Road and Trail" and fill it with whatever the hell I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post
Man, I LOVE this build! Can't wait to get crack-uh-lackin' on my trailer
Having never built a trailer before, I can tell you I've learned a ton. If you have particular questions about how/why I did something and if there's anything I would do different, feel free to ask. Honestly if I could build this thing over again I have a laundry list of things that would have made things easier/better/stronger/cooler/and generally more bad-ass than it already is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
You lucky s.o.b. and your damned NV gun laws.......i was just thinking about when you leave the rig alone while gettin gas or something.
That's one of the reasons I did the lockable t-handles on all the doors. I got them all keyed alike too. I got a decent bonus last quarter...I'm on the hunt for something belt-fed on the moment
Old 10-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #334
XXXXL Member

Quote:
That's one of the reasons I did the lockable t-handles on all the doors. I got them all keyed alike too. I got a decent bonus last quarter...I'm on the hunt for something belt-fed on the moment
Just notice the locks on the t-handle..........mount an M60 on the expo trailer with controls in the Tacoma? Hat's off to you sir!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #335
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I vote M60 on a ring mount, Rat Patrol style.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #336

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I vote M60 on a ring mount, Rat Patrol style.
I'd go with this:

Old 10-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #337
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Damn that's sexy! An idea: for the times that you're wheeling without the trailer, or when you leave the trailer at the camp, do you have an open rotopax mount on the truck so you can just transfer the first aid kit over and be good?
I am insanely jealous of both of your builds...
Old 10-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #338
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Damn that's sexy! An idea: for the times that you're wheeling without the trailer, or when you leave the trailer at the camp, do you have an open rotopax mount on the truck so you can just transfer the first aid kit over and be good?
I am insanely jealous of both of your builds...
I always carry a first aid kit in the truck in my tool box. I have since my very first vehicle I've owned and has paid for itself time and time again. It's not as elaborate as the Rotopax one, but it will certainly get the job done in most situations. The truck first aid kit doesn't have nickle scissors and an instant ice pack, but it certainly does the job. I've given myself stitches in my leg with much less.

For the trailer, I wanted something with a larger array of options and contents, considering if I'm hauling the trailer, it's not just gonna be me out farting around.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #339
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I always carry a first aid kit in the truck in my tool box. I have since my very first vehicle I've owned and has paid for itself time and time again. It's not as elaborate as the Rotopax one, but it will certainly get the job done in most situations. The truck first aid kit doesn't have nickle scissors and an instant ice pack, but it certainly does the job. I've given myself stitches in my leg with much less.

For the trailer, I wanted something with a larger array of options and contents, considering if I'm hauling the trailer, it's not just gonna be me out farting around.
Sound planning. I carry a kit "re-allocated" from the Army.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #340
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I live in NV now.

haha fuck Cali.

Products Discussed in this Thread