Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

jberry's Expo Trailer Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #41
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Well I guess I should get to work....

Old 08-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #42
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
about time you got it unloaded
Old 08-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #43
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
about time you got it unloaded
Hey now. I had to pick up some bushings and diff fluid from Summit Racing and it was a freaking mad house over there because of the car show and the 10% off.
And I drive like a grandma when towing.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #44
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
This gonna be one of those long build threads that gets finished in a few years?

On a side note:

I was thinking of using my stock springs off the taco on my trailer. Any reason why I should think of using something different?
I built a jet ski trailer for our 2 stand up skis using my stock worn out taco leaf springs.

They ride like a caddie but are a bit too soft. I think that thing pulls about 8" of travel On an offroad trailer I would go with something a bit more heavy duty like what Jberry has decided to use on his build.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #45
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, this is awesome.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #46
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have the frame tacked up yet?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #47
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
totally doable in 30 minutes
Old 08-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #48
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Sadly no.
Contrary to popular belief, I actually have a job that involves real work (from time to time). There's not really going to be any progress until this weekend as I'm heading out of town at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #49
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Sadly no.
Contrary to popular belief, I actually have a job that involves real work (from time to time). There's not really going to be any progress until this weekend as I'm heading out of town at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow.
Do not make me come up there....

I just had to bust your balls.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #50
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd... its gonna be a great thread!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #51
The Mad Scientist

Parts are arriving.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #52
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Any reason for going SUA on the trailer? I realize it increases travel but doesnt it also hinder your ground clearance?
Old 08-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #53
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Any reason for going SUA on the trailer? I realize it increases travel but doesnt it also hinder your ground clearance?
Keep the frame height and COG low.
Again I'm not using trailer springs (using jeep springs) and my frame will be a horizontal frame rather than taper up like most truck frames. Even with SUA i'm estimating the frame height around 19". The springs I got are designed to be SUA as well. If i did SOA it would be stupid high.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #54
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #55
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Keep the frame height and COG low.
Again I'm not using trailer springs (using jeep springs) and my frame will be a horizontal frame rather than taper up like most truck frames. Even with SUA i'm estimating the frame height around 19". The springs I got are designed to be SUA as well. If i did SOA it would be stupid high.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #56
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #57
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Electric brakes? Better braking power for hills?
Old 08-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #58
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMoose View Post
Electric brakes? Better braking power for hills?
Having owned several trailers with everything from no brakes, to surge, to electric brakes, I can tell you nothing compares. They are stupid easy and paired with the right controller, the work fantastic. My T3 controller allows them to work forward as well as reverse. In addition there's a manual lever in which I can engage the brakes on the trailer completely independent of the truck brakes. If I'm dealing with a water crossing, it's easy to unplug them completely.

To be fair, Tacoma brakes are acceptable at best. My truck is already a fat cow. Adding the weight of a expo trailer without brakes wouldn't be my preference...so I'm adding brakes. Also since I'll have a battery in the trailer, I'm already changing out the harness in the truck to a 7 pin to run a 10g wire to serve as a battery maintaining/charging wire while connected. May as well run 1 more wire for brakes.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #59

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
e-brakes on the trailer are a great idea.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #60
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Tag for goodness

Products Discussed in this Thread