Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My Daddywagon

Old 09-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #21
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Of course the rear axle went in as well, but I neglected to take pics. It wouldn't matter anyway because I ended up picking up a cobra independent rear suspension out of a 2004 cobra mustang. This picture has the solid axle.

Daddywagon
Old 09-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #23
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. Plus the faux wood is awesome.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #24
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
What a genius project. I love sleepers. Slow cosmetics, fast powertrain. It's the opposite of the ricer mentality. The ricers in your town will never know what hit them.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
You should put a huge cam in it along with electric exhaust cutouts.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #26
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBM41bOLPSg
Old 09-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Cool build, can't wait to see this.
subed
Old 09-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #29
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
My truck was sagging a little bit in the back because I picked up a cobra rear off of craigslist and I ended up storing it in my truck for about a month.

While it was back there, I had to install new bushings for installation into a foxbody.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #31
Once I had the bushings installed, I could finally take it out of the tacoma and begin installing it in my Daddywagon.

The rear came with an exhaust as well, which is great because the solid axle exhaust would not work.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #32
So the rear I had installed just over a month ago had to come out. Removal of the gas tank was also necessary to install the new suspension.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #33
This is how it looks with the solid rear axle that had a cobra brake conversion.

And this is how it looks with the irs. The only difference is the track width of the cobra irs is maybe 1/2 inch wider.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #34
This swap posed another problem; the wagon driveshaft is too long and a mustang driveshaft is too short. The solution ended up being 2000 ford explorer 2wd. I drove 150 miles each way to buy driveshaft which was pick up only from an eBay seller in Maryland.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #35
PBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura aboutPBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
PBR Streetgang's Tacoma Gallery
At first I was like, uh whut? but then I started to see the genius of it. Those wheels are a little suspicious, I would go with some crappy looking hub caps. Looking forward to updates when it's running.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
You should put a huge cam in it along with electric exhaust cutouts.
I was definitely thinking electric cutouts with the quietest exhaust I can find! My brother used to own an srt-8 charger with the stock exhaust and cutouts. The few times that I drove it I loved going from wide open to quiet at the touch of a button! Cobra guys are getting rid of their stock exhausts all the time, so that is definitely doable and on my list.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #37
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #39
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #40
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery