Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My Daddywagon

Old 05-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #101
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well, this is how it goes for me; I work overtime and buy parts every pay day. Now I have to come up with the time to wrench. Arriving this week are the k-member spacers to try to fit the 351 under the stock hood. Also a crank pulley spacer for proper accessory alignment. And finally the exhaust headers to adapt the 351 Windsor to the foxbody exhaust system. As soon as the headers arrive I will post pics of the new pieces.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #102
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OK. I bought a lightning engine because of the better cylinder heads and the block is roller cam compatible. When I found the roller rockers under the valve covers I was hopeful that this engine was converted to roller cam already. It isn't. I removed the intake so I could find out by looking in the lifter valley, and broke an intake bolt which threads into a cylinder head. Hopefully I will be able to remove it! The block casting shows it is a roller cam block. I will just have to convert it to roller cam myself.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #103
Arriving this week are the crankshaft pulley spacer for proper accessory alignment, k-member spacers to try and keep this engine under the stock hood line, and the bbk ceramic coated shorty swap headers necessary to mate a 351 with a foxbody mustang exhaust system. I am proud to say not a dime of this build is on credit. I work overtime, and then I buy parts. I am trying for a promotion at work, but if I get the promotion and go to the other side of the desk I lose ot. Basically a pay cut despite a small increase in base salary. Small rant over.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #104
DecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DecaturTide's Tacoma Gallery
This is wicked.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #105
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!!!!! it's gonna be a crazy sleeper!!! Looking forward for the finished build!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #106
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
This is so badass! Good work man looking forward to the end product
Old 05-27-2014, 06:22 AM   #107
235/55r17 is a tall tire. It works out to 27.18 inches according to our tire calculator. That may be fine for today's mustangs, which is where my wheels came from, but for the Daddywagon I needed a smaller diameter. Well I found some worn out autocross tires on Craig's in 245/45r17 for $50. I just wanted to sample the size for fitment, so I bought them. I'll post pics later.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:09 AM   #108
Taken yesterday with the cheapo autocross tires. 245/45r17 is the proper size I think with these wheels. Still need to roll the rear fenders a little.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:40 AM   #109
jsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jsi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB1 View Post
What a genius project. I love sleepers. Slow cosmetics, fast powertrain. It's the opposite of the ricer mentality. The ricers in your town will never know what hit them.
couldn't have said it any better. Someday I want to do something like this.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:53 PM   #110
Alex (Emilenhoweveryouspellhis lastname)
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to see this thing in action!

Pass the popcorn
Old 06-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #111
12thmanhawkfan is on a distinguished road

Name: Robby
12thmanhawkfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelianenkov View Post
I can't wait to see this thing in action!

Pass the popcorn
Seriously. This thing is going to be a total beast!
Old 07-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #112
No time to wrench yet. I did pick up the pushrods I need for my roller cam conversion. I also decided to buy "another" wiring harness for the engine that is comparable to the original mustang harness. This way I can keep the emissions functions intact. Red Duplicolor brake caliper paint has also been ordered so I can show off the cobra brakes. Once I get the 351 squared away I will pull the 302 that I put in there already and swap engines. This will be done on another wrenching vacation just like last summer except I am planning it for September. On the list of parts still needed are 255 lph fuel pump, starter, and the 351 distributor out of a 1989 ford truck or van.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #113
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!

(I'm also sure your homeowners association would like some pictures of your driveway project for the newsletter. )
Old 07-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #114
Quote:
Originally Posted by knayrb View Post
Awesome!

(I'm also sure your homeowners association would like some pictures of your driveway project for the newsletter. )
Haha! I'm sure they would! At least the donor cars are gone.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #115
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
She is a beaut. Go Daddy, GO!
Old 07-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #117
Here is a part of that new wiring harness that I mentioned. The other half shoud be arriving shortly in a brown truck. Hopefully.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #118
lovethetaco is a glorious beacon of lightlovethetaco is a glorious beacon of lightlovethetaco is a glorious beacon of lightlovethetaco is a glorious beacon of lightlovethetaco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: jeff jonesy
lovethetaco's Tacoma Gallery
nelztaco, you the man. keep up the good work!
Old 07-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #119
weazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant future

weazleburger's Tacoma Gallery
this is such an awesome build to watch
Old 07-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #120
Once again, thank you all for the encouragement. I am just as anxious as all of you to see the completion of this project! It has been with me for a long time. I can remember planning this build in theory a long time ago and mentioning it to others. Most just laughed it off, but thought it would be cool.