Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

sk8rjess's (slow) Trailer Build

Old 10-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
sk8rjess's (slow) Trailer Build

I've been wanting to build one of these for a while and when I do a bed cage/SAS in 2014 i'll be losing 90% of my bed space so i'll need this for my camping trips.

As the title says, this will be a slow build with a goal to finish by new years.
After seeing all the great trailer builds so far on here I can't promise this will be as good but it will def work for me.

GOAL
I'll eventually have it on 35s to semi-match the 37s on the tank already.
Onboard water.
Propane for stove and water.
Hold all camping gear.
(Eventually) Hold RTT and awnings.
i don't know what else to add here, it's a trailer haha.

Picked up some of the steel today and have been calling around looking for an axle. I can't find a place locally that'll get me what I want without killing the wallet - they've all wanted over $150 more than online.
62" Wide. 4" drop axle. 6x5.5 hubs.
Thought about electric breaking but I don't really think i'll need it. Maybe down the road.

frame is 2.5" .125 wall

and as you can see i'm hard at work on it tonight.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all i got done tonight was the main frame. i started doing miter cuts until i realized how hard it was to get perfect 45* angles cut with an angle grinder.. i really need to get a chop saw.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sub. cant wait for more of it1
Old 10-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post

and as you can see i'm hard at work on it tonight.

Hey now, that is a very important part of the process.

I had the same thoughts about losing bed space a building/modifying a trailer so I'll be following this closely.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
mossytaco is a glorious beacon of lightmossytaco is a glorious beacon of lightmossytaco is a glorious beacon of lightmossytaco is a glorious beacon of lightmossytaco is a glorious beacon of lightmossytaco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
mossytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Subscribed!!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
bonafide

got the frame tacked together, some of it welded.

my welds are slowly getting better! but my welder sucks, sometimes it acts like the liner is dirty and starts feeding like garbage. i need to invest in a new welder anyways.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #7
bonafide

researching the springs i should use now.
maybe someone can chime in here:
so if i understand, the shorter the leaf pack the more weight it can hold but also the more stiff. correct?
Old 11-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
bonafide

nothing fancy to add here. i'm wanting to order the axle this week but some other maintenance stuff has came up on the tank so i may need to postpone a few weeks.
I decided to go with ranger leafs, there are SOOOO many rangers in all the local you-pulls.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #11
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #12
bonafide

I'm trying to push this and get it done but some unexpected things came up(don't they always) and this has been put on hold... while i sit back and think of new ideas to add
Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #14
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Ha yesterday I was thinking "WTH happened to Cody's trailer...?"
Old 01-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #15

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
I'm trying to push this and get it done but some unexpected things came up(don't they always) and this has been put on hold... while i sit back and think of new ideas to add
Got some chick pregnant, didn't you.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #17
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Ha yesterday I was thinking "WTH happened to Cody's trailer...?"

X2 I was trying to find his build page for his truck and stumbled upon this fail to update build
Old 01-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #18
bonafide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Got some chick pregnant, didn't you.
nah i pushed her down some stairs. that was one problem solved
Old 01-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #19
bonafide

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
X2 I was trying to find his build page for his truck and stumbled upon this fail to update build
heh yeah. no updates to add. my $$ has had to go elsewhere and i'm just waiting for a truck fund again.