Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

ibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS

Old 11-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
ibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ibuprofelin's Tacoma Gallery
ibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS

Finally making a build thread of my own! I traded in the Tacoma about a month ago because we figured it would be more practical to have more fuel efficient car for when I'm doing rotations for medical school and when I'm actually in residency.

And so, I got the Corolla. Used, but only 15k on the clock when I got her.

How it currently sits:

ibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS-photo-1-1-.jpg

Put those little bubble mirrors on, makes a world of a difference

ibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS-photo-2-1-.jpg

Interior lighting swap courtesy of Jerez

ibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS-photo-3.jpgibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS-photo-4.jpgibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS-photo-2.jpg

Night shot:

ibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS-img_0189.jpgibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS-img_0188.jpg

BestBuy fubared my backup camera install. So much for trying to avoid the hassle. Installed it on part of the lip that was at a 40 or so degree angle, so it points straight down. They're fixing it, but need to wait for the part to come in

ibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS-photo.jpgibuprofelin's 2013 Corolla S Build & BS-photo-5.jpg

Future mods:

Lowering springs or Coil Overs (any thoughts on which I should go with?)
Front Strut Bar
Rear Sway Bar
New LED map/dome/trunk lights
Possibly red interior LED lighting
Wheels/Rims
Color match the chrome grill on back - anyone near Gainesville wanna help me with this?
Better seat covers
Weathertech floor mats & window visors
Possibly wrap the interior in vinyl or something else to black it all out

Will probably be a slow build - I'm a poor medical student, after all. Any BS in thread welcome! Good distraction from class 8 hours a day and 5+ hours of studying a day!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
nice, small changes but they add up

My wive has a 2012 with about the same milage and she has been looking for small ideas to start with, I will have to show her this.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
ibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
nice, small changes but they add up

My wive has a 2012 with about the same milage and she has been looking for small ideas to start with, I will have to show her this.
Thanks! Definitely seeing bits and pieces of it come together for sure, haha. Backup camera bummed me out a bit, the back window is tinted pretty heavily so was excited to use it, but alas I must now wait. Should've installed it myself, the dude there had no idea what was going on haha.

Think my wife is getting me the weather techs for Christmas
Old 11-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
Quick question for you guys,

I'm looking at ordering a Wheelskins steering wheel cover, but I'm not quite sure if it'll fit well since my steering wheel has a flat bottom. Any thoughts on if it would still fit nice and snug (and look good)?

http://www.carmiko.com/wp-content/up...-Dashboard.jpg

That's a picture of what the wheel looks like.

Thanks all!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
My wife ordered some goodies for me but I won't be getting them until christmas

Husky liner digital fit floor mats (heard that people like them over weather techs), a trunk liner and wheelskin wheel cover
Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Sharp looking car , digging the color
Old 11-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Quick update,

Best Buy says they have to wait until December to order the new chrome lip for my trunk because it's not in their budget... Pretty annoyed - what could I do at this point? They're going to fix it but I'd rather have it fixed in a timely fashion...
Old 12-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #8
Just in time for the holidays, I got rearended at a stoplight, woohoo!

And the lady isn't responding to her insurance company's phone calls.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #9
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
I use to own a 2011 Corolla S and I loved that car, except for traction control in -40 in snow which I hated on it lol.

Seriously great car, I would love to build one in the future!