Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Chamyota's 82' Pickup Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Chamyota's 82' Pickup Build

So After owning my prerunner and becoming a member of the site, i wanted to try wheeling. Naturally being 2wd locked was good and dandy but it didnt allow me to go where i wanted to go and be confident that i was gonna be able to drive it back home in one piece so i began a couple months ago looking for a trail rig that i could just tow with my taco and wheel to my hearts content.

A neighbor was selling his p/u for 1500$ and i went and got it the very next day i came home from school

In meh backyard.

A custom wood mod.. I aint gonna bother with it as long as the door opens and the music plays(It does both)

And this is the beast i must conquer, Manual... I just learned to put it in 1st and Reverse.. thats about as far as i got this weekend.

For a 20+ year old truck it's got a decent amount of life left in it, prob gonna get the motor rebuilt and change all the fluids for a starting point and piece of mind.

Gotta replace the tailights and as far as the custom tailgate is concerned, i think it adds character.

Hopefully by christmas break in two weeks i'll be able to post more on the truck and the mods

Plans
-35's
-F/R locked
-And whatever comes up in between.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
toastyjosh is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: helitack
toastyjosh's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!

Just go for the 35s, you may have to do a bit of finder trimming but who cares!

New shocks will help, pro comp 1000s are 110 bucks from 4wheel parts for all 4.

As far as fluids redline MT90 syn fluid really makes a difference in the trans, back that up with a Marlin crawler shifter bushing, makes it butter.

Dont worry about a rebuild for now, clean the carb, new fuel filter, new plugs, cap ,rotor, seafoam it change the oil and wheel it.

Good luck
Old 12-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Here is some inspiration!!

Old 12-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
98THOR is on a distinguished road

98THOR's Tacoma Gallery
You should rattle can it. Flat black
Old 12-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyjosh View Post
Here is some inspiration!!

My god..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98THOR View Post
You should rattle can it. Flat black
I'll get around to it eventually haha
Old 12-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Bed bob!!

http://www.yotatech.com/f114/bobbing-long-bed-253301/
Old 12-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck, old pickups are tons of fun to wheel. Can also be a money pit.

If you've got any questions hit me up, I know a few things about them.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I got a power steering pump for it if its got the manual one, and some interior pieces for it. I had an 81 and loved it and still sad it's gone.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Nice truck, old pickups are tons of fun to wheel. Can also be a money pit.

If you've got any questions hit me up, I know a few things about them.
Tell me about it, haha, im already getting ready to pull on some 35's sometime around the new year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
I got a power steering pump for it if its got the manual one, and some interior pieces for it. I had an 81 and loved it and still sad it's gone.

Im unsure as to if it has the manual one but i wouldnt mind getting those interior pieces.. I will make it look better if i can help it or the oppertunity arises, cant justify buying new parts. lol

How much you asking?

What happened to your old 81'?
Old 12-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #11
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Tell me about it, haha, im already getting ready to pull on some 35's sometime around the new year...

Be prepared to regear
Old 12-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Wait so it runs?

Get out there and learn how to drive that thing!

I agree with above, change fluids and put some miles on it to see what it needs mechanically before modding.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #15
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Be prepared to regear
Ready to rock when the time comes... It may be a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Wait so it runs?

Get out there and learn how to drive that thing!

I agree with above, change fluids and put some miles on it to see what it needs mechanically before modding.
Of course it runs! haha, im at college 95% of the time unless it's summer or christmas break(which starts friday) so it stays at my parents place since i bought it like 2 months ago lol. I drove it a little during thanksgiving, learned 1st and Reverse oddly enough haha.

I will learn over break so that'll be no problem.

Im gonna change the fluids, plugs, lube her up so she doesnt shift like two rocks together and hit a trail and see what it can do. Then go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
uptravel...2", droop...all of it haha.

thing is sick

also, i vote tear off the bed and do a flatbed with rails/cage look
I've been tampering with that idea.... Dad may approve, but i like the look of the bed atm and until my wheeling demands a flatbed i'll leave it as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Come to spy eh?
Old 12-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #16
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Come to spy eh?
Gotta see what's going on in here!
Old 12-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #17
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Get rid of them tube steps and bob that bed! Can't wait to see it on the trails. Any chance you think you'll bring it for the spring trip?
Old 12-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Im unsure as to if it has the manual one but i wouldnt mind getting those interior pieces.. I will make it look better if i can help it or the oppertunity arises, cant justify buying new parts. lol

How much you asking?

What happened to your old 81'?
Sold it I want to find a short bed but let me look at what all I got as far as power steering if you have to use both hands to turn the wheel when it's running and stopped its manual, or pop the hood and look for the power steering pump.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #19
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Gotta see what's going on in here!
Of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
Get rid of them tube steps and bob that bed! Can't wait to see it on the trails. Any chance you think you'll bring it for the spring trip?
lol, damn tube steps. Well, if i can get a trailer to tow it up there and have at least a new set of mud tires i would bring it on up to see what needs to be improved fixed ect.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Name: Trey
Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
im in central... you ready for finals week?

Products Discussed in this Thread