Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Toyanvil's utility trailer rebuild lots of pic's

Old 12-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Toyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyanvil's Tacoma Gallery
Toyanvil's utility trailer rebuild lots of pic's

I built this trailer 16 years ago to haul my kayaks to the beach and after seeing all the great trailer builds in this thread I have decided to rebuild it to be more useful for camping.

The first thing to do was to cut off the last 4 feet, making it a 5'x8'

Move the axle forward, and add 6 lug hubs with Tacoma wheels.

I found 3/4" LED high/low lights and to protect them I receased them into the side rails. They will be wired up to be running/turn and brake lights.

Fenders/running boards done.

Spare on.

Tool box in propress

I plan on painting it semi gross black with polished alum plate. Next is to install air bags and shocks. one day I would like to add a roof top tent.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
ttaM will become famous soon enoughttaM will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
ttaM's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd

looks great thus far!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Toyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks ttaM.
The nice man in the big brown truck came

Here is my truck, that I will be pulling it with.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
I got the air bags/ bump stops and shocks mounted.

Fab work is done, a little more clean up and it will be ready for paint.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
Limited13 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Limited13's Tacoma Gallery
Nice set up with the air bags! Is it all done now with new paint? I would like to see the final product if its done
Old 12-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
Thank you.
I am hoping to paint it this weekend, weather permiting. wasn't sure if anyone was still watching. I still need to buy the 9'x5' 3/16" Alum diamond plate for the floor, not looking forward to the price
Old 12-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Meth Saved Me
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Nice trailer
Old 12-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
All painted.
I got most of the wiring installed and all the suspension done. Once all the wiring and lights are done I can start installing the diamond plate.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #9
Almost done, just waiting for the toolbox and some covers I build to protect the wiring behind the tires to be done at the powder coater.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #11
ttaM will become famous soon enoughttaM will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
ttaM's Tacoma Gallery
dang, great job!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #12
Limited13 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Limited13's Tacoma Gallery
Great Trailer!!! Nice work!! I love how you put in air bags should make a great smooth ride!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Looks awesome!! Is it aluminum?
The black is metal all the plating is aluminum.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #15
Got the tool box and covers back from the powder coater. I just have a couple of detail things to do, then start building a rack to hold a roof top tent.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #19
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
and

You do awesome fab, looks great....
Old 01-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #20
Thanks guys.
I am looking at this one.
http://tepuitents.com/products/kukenam-ruggedized