Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Slodgetto's '83 4wd Tercel - "The Dirty Terc"

Old 01-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #21
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Thanks, man! It's definitely growing on me. I'm doing my best to stay true to the nature of these wagons by retaining the 6-speed tranny/transfer case.
They look really good with the OEM white steel wheels, too.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #22
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
The 112 hp bluetop I had in my car was a ton of fun. 8,000 rpm is just awesome even if it is slow.

It did have no torque at all though. Not sure if that would be a problem given that you're looking to wheel this thing.
lol nice, man! I do like torque, but I'm not building this thing for purely off-roading. (Anything off-road related in this will be so boring compared to the stuff I did in the Green Dragon) Also, those types of mods tend to take away from drive-abilty, so this will just be an all around build that's a lot of fun to drive around town, or the occasional light trail, and the random snowstorm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Well this will be interesting
haha hopefully..
Old 01-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #23
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB1 View Post
They look really good with the OEM white steel wheels, too.
Yeah.... I like them too, but that's one thing I may have to change as larger tire sizes for a 13" wheel are non-existent. I do know BFG makes a 205/75r14..... but for now, the white wheels stay until there is more power under the hood or I get lucky at the junkyard and find some 4.10s to replace the current 3.73s.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #24
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome Silas! Can't wait to see what you do to the tercel! It'll be plenty fun whatever you do.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #25
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel View Post
Awesome Silas! Can't wait to see what you do to the tercel! It'll be plenty fun whatever you do.
Thanks, Diego. and I agree, man.... I already have too much fun with it.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #26
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do know BFG makes a 205/75r14.....
Only 11" shorter than your last tires...
Old 01-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #27
Über Posre

Quote:
Only 11" shorter than your last tires...
buahahaha Meh.... right now, my tires are more than 14" shorter, so at least it'll be an upgrade. lol Just looked and it's actually a 195/75r14 which would be even better for my weak little axles...
Old 01-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #28
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
buahahaha Meh.... right now, my tires are more than 14" shorter, so at least it'll be an upgrade. lol Just looked and it's actually a 195/75r14 which would be even better for my weak little axles...
I'm running 155/85R13's on my car, a whopping 23.4" x 6.1"
Old 01-12-2014, 12:58 PM   #29
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah.... I like them too, but that's one thing I may have to change as larger tire sizes for a 13" wheel are non-existent. I do know BFG makes a 205/75r14..... but for now, the white wheels stay until there is more power under the hood or I get lucky at the junkyard and find some 4.10s to replace the current 3.73s.
What? You can't find a load range E mud terrain tire with a bead-lock rim in a 13"? You're not trying hard enough.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #30
Über Posre

Quote:
I'm running 155/85R13's on my car, a whopping 23.4" x 6.1"
haha nice.... That's the stock size that came on the Tercel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB1 View Post
What? You can't find a load range E mud terrain tire with a bead-lock rim in a 13"? You're not trying hard enough.
lolz
Old 01-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #31

Quote:
haha nice.... That's the stock size that came on the Tercel.

lolz
The stock size for my car is a 155/80R13 so technically I stepped it up a size. haha

If you can get some 15's on there it will open up a whole possibility of tire sizes
Old 01-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #32
Über Posre

Quote:
The stock size for my car is a 155/80R13 so technically I stepped it up a size. haha

If you can get some 15's on there it will open up a whole possibility of tire sizes
lol Thinking aobut some 15" Konigs or something similar... but I think more sidewall with the 14s will be better. We'll see.

In other news, I'm dropping her off at MAACO tomorrow to get a paint job. I'm doing rust removal and some sanding right now.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #33

Quote:
lol Thinking aobut some 15" Konigs or something similar... but I think more sidewall with the 14s will be better. We'll see.

In other news, I'm dropping her off at MAACO tomorrow to get a paint job. I'm doing rust removal and some sanding right now.
27's on 15's have more sidewall than 195/75R14's
Old 01-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #34
Über Posre

Quote:
27's on 15's have more sidewall than 195/75R14's
The question is, will I have power to turn them? lol If I can find a way to build this little tiny transmission and transfer case to withstand more power, in order to make the engine swap a reality this summer, I will go with the 27s. Or maybe even when I land some 4.10s at the junkyard.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #35

Quote:
The question is, will I have power to turn them? lol If I can find a way to build this little tiny transmission and transfer case to withstand more power, in order to make the engine swap a reality this summer, I will go with the 27s. Or maybe even when I land some 4.10s at the junkyard.
Dual cases will turn them!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #36
Über Posre

Quote:
Dual cases will turn them!
lol smh.....
Old 01-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #37
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
subbed. never knew there was a 4wd tercel
Old 01-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #38
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 552Jrider View Post
subbed. never knew there was a 4wd tercel
Not many do. haha
Old 01-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #39
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
this should be fun