Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Slodgetto's '83 4wd Tercel - "The Dirty Terc"

Old 01-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #1
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Slodgetto's '83 4wd Tercel - "The Dirty Terc"

Mods:
195/75r14 BFG All-Terrain K/Os
14" Miata Wheels (Painted White)
Weber Carburetor
Custom, Fabricated, Front, Adjustable Coilovers (2-3" lift)
198something Nissan Pathfinder rear coils (about 2-3" lift)
188someting Ford T-bird Rear Shocks
AC delete mod
20% Tint
Mostly blacked out Interior

Mods already in process or to occur within the next few weeks:
Volvo 940 100amp Denso Alternator form junkyard
Sounds System

Future Mods:
4a-ge swap (which 4ag depends on how much I can build the tranny/case to withstand clutch drops in low gear, in 4wd, on asphalt...... but hopefully a 20v silvertop or blacktop from Japan )
Built Tranny/Transfer Case
4.10s
Rear SAS with Corolla All-Trac or GTS axle? (LSD FTW)

Should be fun.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #2
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/4255391380.html
Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #3
Goose
h.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zack
h.zack801's Tacoma Gallery
This has the firm potential to being the most bitchin build on here.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.zack801 View Post
This has the firm potential to being the most bitchin build on here.
Thanks.

You know it.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #5
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #6
KiteGuam is on a distinguished road

KiteGuam's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 01-12-2014, 01:18 AM   #7
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-12-2014, 02:02 AM   #8
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Subd

Gonna be ready for Moab?
Old 01-12-2014, 03:21 AM   #9
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Subd

Gonna be ready for Moab?
Subbed for answer^^^^^
Old 01-12-2014, 06:01 AM   #12
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
You should do a special edition "Remembering the dragon" grill for his Tercel.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #13
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Subd

Gonna be ready for Moab?
Yes. I plan on being there, bro! Even if the terc is not up for any trails..... i'll go to see my extended family and just ride along with peeps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecloud View Post
Subbed for answer^^^^^
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #15
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Where was that silvertop when I had my ae86?! This is going to be awesome, I seriously want one of these for the winters up here.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:51 AM   #16
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Where was that silvertop when I had my ae86?! This is going to be awesome, I seriously want one of these for the winters up here.
Right? haha Random find on craigslist, for sure!!! Thanks, man... The main issue right now, is actually finding a good way to build the transmission and transfer case to withstand 200hp+. It looks like the stock diffs can handle up to about 200hp as they are, but the tranny doesn't like anything above 100hp. So I'm doing my homework like a mad man before I try and get that local silvertop.

If I can't find any way to build the tranny with out spending more than the worth of the car on it, I'll probably just have to go for a redtop or something with a bit less power.... But heck, anything will be better than the current 65hp. lol
Old 01-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #17
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
The 4wd Tercel is one of my favorite models Toyota has ever made. Can't wait to see your mods.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #18
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Right? haha Random find on craigslist, for sure!!! Thanks, man... The main issue right now, is actually finding a good way to build the transmission and transfer case to withstand 200hp+. It looks like the stock diffs can handle up to about 200hp as they are, but the tranny doesn't like anything above 100hp. So I'm doing my homework like a mad man before I try and get that local silvertop.

If I can't find any way to build the tranny with out spending more than the worth of the car on it, I'll probably just have to go for a redtop or something with a bit less power.... But heck, anything will be better than the current 65hp. lol
The 112 hp bluetop I had in my car was a ton of fun. 8,000 rpm is just awesome even if it is slow.

It did have no torque at all though. Not sure if that would be a problem given that you're looking to wheel this thing.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #19
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Well this will be interesting
Old 01-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #20
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB1 View Post
The 4wd Tercel is one of my favorite models Toyota has ever made. Can't wait to see your mods.
Thanks, man! It's definitely growing on me. I'm doing my best to stay true to the nature of these wagons by retaining the 6-speed tranny/transfer case.