Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My 82(start over)Build

Old 02-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
lurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud of

Army: LRS
lurpranger's Tacoma Gallery
My 82(start over)Build

I bought the truck Sept 17,1982 with 4 miles on it(3 came from my test drive) and my journey began.Over the past 30 yrs its been lifted to a few different heights,dbl shocks kits,Trusses and tire sizes from 36' to 44's.Now that I have a 2 Gen I've decided to start over with his Grandpa and turn him into an Expedition Rig.

As it sits today-22R W/40mm Weber 6'lift w/36's 5:71's w/detroit lockers

FUTURE PLANS
Suspenion
Duel Transfer
High Steer
Tube Bumpers
Bed Rack(if I keep the Stepside Bed)/or Tube bed
Propane or EFI (one day)

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME
Old 02-23-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Guessing the stepside bed was some sort of kit or custom fab shop? I think it looks badass and wouldn't change it up much lol
Old 02-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a squarebody chevy step bed (73-87) lol

Ive seen it all lol..
Old 02-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
lurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud of

The Stepside was made by company out michigan back in the early 90's,They only made beds for toyota's 79 thru 95.It's universal for short or long beds.all u had to do was swap the side around
Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
Meth Saved Me
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful truck! Best of luck.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993t100 View Post
Beautiful truck! Best of luck.
Thanks Brother
Old 02-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
The bed is so unique... I don't know if I could part with it if I owned it. Hell of a truck!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #8

couple of interior shots

Old 02-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #9
Meth Saved Me
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Did you DD this until you got your 2nd gen?
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
The bed is so unique... I don't know if I could part with it if I owned it. Hell of a truck!
Thanks Brother
Old 02-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993t100 View Post
Did you DD this until you got your 2nd gen?
No,but it was 27 yrs.-107,067.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:59 AM   #12
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig! I would keep the bed they way it is. I'm glad you finally did this.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:22 AM   #13
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
I love 80s stepside trucks so this is just awesome to me lol wanna sell it? Jk
Old 02-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #14
adamh1977 is on a distinguished road

adamh1977's Tacoma Gallery
There is a red one across the highway from my house just sitting under a shed hasn't run in years trying to get but they won't let go of it
Old 02-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
Nice rig! I would keep the bed they way it is. I'm glad you finally did this.
Thanks Brother// ME TOO
Old 02-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
I love 80s stepside trucks so this is just awesome to me lol wanna sell it? Jk
I'm not,but my wife mite after I'm gone.(planning on being buried in it)
Old 02-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamh1977 View Post
There is a red one across the highway from my house just sitting under a shed hasn't run in years trying to get but they won't let go of it
I can't count the number of times somebody knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to sale.I've had some wild numbers thrown at me.
keep trying I almost let this one go a few yrs back
Old 02-24-2014, 11:36 PM   #18
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so happy to see this!! You have no idea how much I enjoy this old truck. Maybe I can inherit this one day!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
I'm so happy to see this!! You have no idea how much I enjoy this old truck. Maybe I can inherit this one day!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Roger That,Added to the Inherit List
Old 02-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #20

thinking about going with a 3" 4" or "5 lift trail gear classic w/chevy springs or skyjacker spring kit and not relocate spring hanger

Any suggestions?