Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

VMI Offroad OX custom trailer build for DefconBrix

Old 03-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #1
instagram @defconbrix
DefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Sergeant of Marines
Name: Sean
DefconBrix's Tacoma Gallery
Talking VMI Offroad OX custom trailer build for DefconBrix

I pulled the trigger and so excited to be working with VMI offroad on a custom built OX!
The Bentley of the Offroad Trailer World!

This will match my truck with the military theme I am going with.

_________

This custom build will be in two phases.

Phase 1:

BASE MODEL OX
It will include the following key features
- Full aluminum construction
- 10" electric brake 3500lb dexter axle
- Solid axle leaf sprung suspension with nitro shocks setup for 35" tires 6 on 5.5 lug
- Rear mounted C jacks
- Full integrated front tongue box
- Full side fenders
- Crowned lid with rain gutters for roof rack mounting
- Integrated internal bulkhead
- Marine grade trailer wiring and connections
- Marine grade hardware
- LED taillights, marker lights, and backup lights
- Max Coupler Offroad Hitch

CUSTOM EXTRAS:
* FrontRunner Outfitters Load Bars (not on yet)
* 35" Toyo Open Country M/T tires
* 17" Method Race Wheels 105 Beadlocks
* CargoGlide 600XL slide
* ARB 63qt fridge
* CVT Mt Adams 5+ person rooftop tent
* Fenders sprayed with Line-X
* Lid will be wrapped in camo to match the wrap on the truck (design coming soon)
* Side entry doors powder coated black
* Max Coupler
* Rigid Industries 4 Rock Light Kit (not installed yet)
* Rigid Industries SR-M Flush Mount Back-Up Lights (not installed yet)
* RotoPax gas cans
* Trasharoo

How she sites right now Sept. 10, 2014

Phase 2:

- This phase will include water tanks, kitchen galley and other convenience features after I figure out my exact needs (what the wife tells me I have to add)
- Full parts list coming soon...

Products Currently Being Considered:
Truma Combi 4 (furnace and hot water heater) DONE
(2) Odyssey PC1800-FT Batteries
Norcold NR751 Refrigerator DONE
Lenco Marine Lift arm (power lid lift)
FrontRunner Load Bars to replace the Thule system DONE
Fusion MS-RA205 Radio
Zamp Solar 2000 Inverter/Charger with Portable Solar Panels
Trident Marine Viking 17# Propane Cylinders

_________

If you haven't heard of or checked out what VMI is capable of make sure to check out their website and their Facebook page!

http://www.vmioffroad.com

https://www.facebook.com/vmi.offroad
Old 03-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool. Why did ya choose beadlocks for the trailer too? Just to keep everything the same?
Old 03-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #4
instagram @defconbrix
DefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Very cool. Why did ya choose beadlocks for the trailer too? Just to keep everything the same?
That is exactly why.
I got that same question a few times now lol but I really wanted cohesion and at the end of the day if shit hit the fan in the outback I could just use the trailers set as spares (this of course would never be ideal lol)
Old 03-08-2014, 11:22 PM   #5
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Me likey.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
sub-a-dub-dub
Old 03-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #8
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I am so
Old 03-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #9
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
siiiiick
Old 03-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefconBrix View Post
That is exactly why.
I got that same question a few times now lol but I really wanted cohesion and at the end of the day if shit hit the fan in the outback I could just use the trailers set as spares (this of course would never be ideal lol)
Yes this is why my trailer will have 37x12.50's on it. You never know when you will need those extra tires. I least I can get my family to a safe place and go back for the trailer later if that's the case.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #11
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #12
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #15
shibubba is on a distinguished road
shibubba's Tacoma Gallery
More! we sell those Yamaha generators at work. Weird that cummins sells them but I get a killer deal on them. Let me know how it works for you
Old 03-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #16
Pcyc is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
this is incredible
Old 03-19-2014, 12:43 AM   #17
bfoxglove is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
bfoxglove's Tacoma Gallery
wanna ship that bad boy to alaska when you're done? haha
Old 03-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #18
instagram @defconbrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibubba View Post
More! we sell those Yamaha generators at work. Weird that cummins sells them but I get a killer deal on them. Let me know how it works for you
Getting a deal is never a bad thing! This is my 2nd Yamaha generator, the first one was the 2400. I stepped down to the 2000 for the weight and overall size difference. I have never had any issues with either of them - highly recommend.

I would however like to have a solar panel generator someday :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcyc View Post
this is incredible
Thanks Pcyc! I can't wait for the day I pick it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoxglove View Post
wanna ship that bad boy to alaska when you're done? haha
Oh, well since you opened up the offer.. I would love too send it to you lol
Old 03-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #20
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery

keep'm coming!