Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Jlee's BAMF expo trailer build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #302
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Trailer looks fantastic Jerry. Good luck at the DMV. It sounds like you've got it all figured out and hopefully the don't make it a pain for you. FWIW, I had red/amber reflectors on the sides of my trailer until I added the fender steps and rent rack. I took them off because they were where I needed to weld, and never put them back on. I haven't had any issues since then, but that could be just because no on has noticed.

Could also be because I've never had to register my trailer so I haven't had to mess with the DMV. In Utah as long as the trailer is under a certain weight (empty) it does not require registration. I think the weight is like 1100# and I'm under that by a few hundred. So for me the only reason to register would be for insurance reasons and I haven't been able to justify that since I'm not too worried about theft.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #303
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Trailer looks fantastic Jerry. Good luck at the DMV. It sounds like you've got it all figured out and hopefully the don't make it a pain for you. FWIW, I had red/amber reflectors on the sides of my trailer until I added the fender steps and rent rack. I took them off because they were where I needed to weld, and never put them back on. I haven't had any issues since then, but that could be just because no on has noticed.

Could also be because I've never had to register my trailer so I haven't had to mess with the DMV. In Utah as long as the trailer is under a certain weight (empty) it does not require registration. I think the weight is like 1100# and I'm under that by a few hundred. So for me the only reason to register would be for insurance reasons and I haven't been able to justify that since I'm not too worried about theft.
Thanks!
Yeah it should be fine I got sticky reflectors this morning slapped them on the fenders.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:08 PM   #304
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Added a little color

And started the air I hope to have the bags plumed tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #305
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
How are you going to protect the compressors?
Old 05-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #306
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
How are you going to protect the compressors?
1/8th" plate.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #307
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
that'll work
Old 05-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #308
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
1/8th" plate.
Weather proof? Awesome!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #309

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Oh my. Jerry, this is so cool!

From the Overland Expo page.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:28 AM   #310
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Oh my. Jerry, this is so cool!

From the Overland Expo page.
This is kinda what I'm going for. The trailer will have drawer slides and the whole kitchen will slide out.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #311
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I had the fastest and easiest time registering the trailer this morning. In and out in under an hour with no appointment . All the inspectors were ogling the truck and trailer they didn't even ask a single question about it other then where are you going with this thing slapped a Vin sticker on it and called it good!!
Old 05-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #312
CilantroDoomTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: John
CilantroDoomTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had the fastest and easiest time registering the trailer this morning. In and out in under an hour with no appointment . All the inspectors were ogling the truck and trailer they didn't even ask a single question about it other then where are you going with this thing slapped a Vin sticker on it and called it good!!
Awesome!
Old 05-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #313
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Great news
Old 05-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #314

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
That's great Jerry!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #315
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
That is awesome... never get good DMV stories
Old 05-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #316
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like we both had good days at the DMV. I had to get a new license(stupid paper copy for now) walked in and was out in 45 min. Now just have to wait up to like 20 days for a hard plastic copy of my license.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:54 AM   #317
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Sounds like when I took my dirtbike trailer I built a few years ago, but less ogling. It wasn't as cool. Really like the use of all the pipe rather then square tube like most you see.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #318
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
My home away from home!

Old 05-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #319
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
That's just fuckin ridiculous
Old 05-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #320
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
That's just fuckin ridiculous
x infinity

Products Discussed in this Thread