Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Jlee's BAMF expo trailer build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #22
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'm a tent camper but those trailers are cool. Mine will be more of like what you see most guys have with a RTT on the top.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:44 PM   #23
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Let the games begin, sub'd
Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #25
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
everybody is making a god damn expo trailer build

how conformist jerry
Wellyou should too then
Old 03-19-2014, 10:10 PM   #27
Pushincaskets is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Pushincaskets's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #28
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Wellyou should too then
No thanks! already built a bed rack. thats as expo as ill ever get

i dont call it expo, i call it camping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
*insert joke about mark's welding ability here
hey fuck you mate. I did my tub job and it looks beautiful

made a mistake and accidentally welded the door hinge though

hope i never want to turn my truck into a jeep
Old 03-19-2014, 10:13 PM   #29
nieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
nieb15's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, this will be a great build to read!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #30
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for the pictars.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:16 PM   #31
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
can’t wait to see what it looks like!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #32
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey, Jerry. In all seriousness. Pulling all the weight on your truck alone, and now a trailer on 37s also, you're not worried about power at all. I know you've got that thing SC'd and geared. I'm just curious of your thoughts on this specific topic. I've seen your feedback that it's still got plenty left after the transformation of the truck. Just curious where you're sitting with this, personally.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #33
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Hey, Jerry. In all seriousness. Pulling all the weight on your truck alone, and now a trailer on 37s also, you're not worried about power at all. I know you've got that thing SC'd and geared. I'm just curious of your thoughts on this specific topic. I've seen your feedback that it's still got plenty left after the transformation of the truck. Just curious where you're sitting with this, personally.
I tow my 17" bass boat over donner summit with no issues so I dont think ill have any power problems towing this trailer. The rolling mass will be more with the tires but it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:29 PM   #34

Yeah, just curious if you were at all taking that into account as an important factor or if you pretty much had no worries at all haha thanks.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:31 PM   #35
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Yeah, just curious if you were at all taking that into account as an important factor or if you pretty much had no worries at all haha thanks.
We will see how it does im going to tow it back and fourth to the shop for a week or so before moab so I will have an idea how it and the truck handles.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:33 PM   #36

Looking forward to photos of the progress.

I wish I lived closer to you. There are no metal workers here that can build the bumpers I have in my mind . . . ha
Old 03-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #37
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Started the frame today just need the 2.5x2.5x.250 tube for the receiver and i can finish weld the frame. I also started the trailing arms well design that is. I have one of the tubes bent for them. I wont be welding the trailing arms to the hub until I get my new welding table as I want them to stay square so clamping them to a fixture will be better.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #38
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Did a little more work on it today. I Welded up the frame and started the box, next weekend trailing arms! and finish the box.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #39
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #40
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
Update on this BAMF? You said you're building this on the weekends? Lmk if it's cool to come and hang out. I've been wasting my weekends away doing nothing, plus I've got a few small projects in mind I wanted to run pass you. Real simple kinds of things.

Products Discussed in this Thread