Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Jlee's BAMF expo trailer build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Jlee's BAMF expo trailer build

Seeing how this build is about to start "need to have it road worthy for MOAB" I figured I should start a build thread.
This is going to be over the next 7 or 8 weekends as I don't have much time to spend on it. One day on the weekends is all I will be spending on it.

Ive been collecting parts / materials for the last few weeks and im getting ready to start the build.

Specs
2" x 3" x .120 wall frame
4' x 6' x 28.75" box
Disk brakes with independent suspension & Air Ride Dominator D2500 Double Bellow Air Bags
SCS stealth 6 wheels with 37"x 12.50 MTR's
Custom made water tank
BAMF built Swing out and removable BBQ/smoker
Tepui XL ruggedized tent
On board power
Silver powder coat on the box with a black coal powder coated frame and anodized blue powder coated suspension to match the truck.
Lock N roll hitch
Old 03-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Started the frame still waiting on the 2.5x2.5" x.250 wall tube for the receiver. This is just .120 wall.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I went with round tube for the box it's was a hell of a lot faster to just bend up 2 tubes and weld one joint then cutting and welding it all together. And It looks better the cross bars will be 1"x 1"x .065 wall square.I ended up lowering the box 1.25" to 28.75" just enough room for the 85Q fridge I'll be getting.

4/12/14 i built the top lid.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
4/19/14
I got the trailing arms built today It only took about 5 hours to get them designed and built Gota love the Build pro welding table

I picked up the wheel bearings why not have the best

So i flipped it over and installed the wheels so we can roll it out of the shop during the week. It's pretty damn sick if i do say so myself.

Don't mind the lean I just have scrap tube in place of the struts so we can roll it around.

4/26/14
I got the tailgate just about done today I really didnt think it would take 9 hours to build it but I had a wild idea to make a spot for my camp stove.

It swings out and flips down my stove will be mounted on the gate for easy setup.

I also got the bbq swing out started kinda.

5/04/14
I got it just about skinned today and the air bags tacked in place. The sides of the box warped in pretty bad from the welding and i was staggering tacks and it still warped. I'm going to try to pry it back out with the high lift it look good though

Old 03-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
This should be enough
Old 03-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #7
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #8
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #10
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #11
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
Pass the and MJ.
x2
Old 03-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #12
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I think I might have some pictures on Sunday
Old 03-19-2014, 01:43 PM   #14
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
oooooooh, this is must sub..
Old 03-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #15
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Same here sub'd maybe then you can mass produce it and get into the trailer business like these kats

Old 03-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #16
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for kegerator
Old 03-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #17
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
those kats are grossly overpriced!
Old 03-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #18
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 03-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #19
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
those kats are grossly overpriced!
Extremely! !!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #20
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
This should be fun.

Products Discussed in this Thread