Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Project: Jeep

Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Project: Jeep

Figured I would start one of these things to document my incredibly slow mod process of the Jeep. First.......The Jeep:

Current mods:
Hot Heads head liners
Rugged Ridge grill mesh

A while back, we got a new vendor, GotExhaust.com. I've spoke with the owner, Andy, many times on the phone (he'll say TOO many times, I have no doubt), and we discussed different intakes, exhaust, etc. for the Tacoma. We got to talking about the Donaldson Air Filters. Being as I think most intakes are personal choice for sound, and I haven't found ANY air filter that filters better than OEM, this piqued my interest. I think the Donaldson air filters are among the best in filtration, and flow. I have used them in farm, and heavy equipment applications for years. Andy informed me they have a vehicle application now. WHAT!!?? IM IN! He wanted me to try it out, and do some testing on it. Well.....That's kinda like asking Rosie O'Donnell if she wants another cookie...FUCK YES! So, the air filter comes with a Corsa Performance intake. Meh.....I don't care too much what it comes with, as Im more concerned with the filter, but being this is on a Jeep, I'll perform the same testing, sans dyno runs, as I no longer have the liberal access to one, as I once did. And Bob isn't paying us as much as he used too......."bad economy" according to him. Anyway, The air filter results will apply to the Tacoma, as filtering capability is filtering capability. Doesn't matter what is sucking in the air behind the filter. This info will benefit anyone who wants an air filter, on an intake, that actually FILTERS THE AIR. Here is some pics!

Front:

Back:

Installed in the Jeep:

Attached Thumbnails
Project: Jeep-1.1.jpg   Project: Jeep-1.2.jpg   Project: Jeep-1.3.jpg   Project: Jeep-20.jpg  
Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #4
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
for spiders
Old 04-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #5
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a heep!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
for spiders
there wont be any spiders in my Jeep/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
Looks like a heep!!!
Its the Heep 4 door.....wait......BASTARD!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepAndrew View Post

Because Jeep
Old 04-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #8
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #9
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #10
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Off-topic. Reported.

OYG

http://www.jeepz.com/
Old 04-07-2014, 05:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Off-topic. Reported.

OYG

http://www.jeepz.com/
Its in the "Other Builds" section....report deleted.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #12
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
New thread to derp up
Old 04-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #14
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's something to add to your recovery box of goodies

http://www.offroadtrailtools.com/sho...t_detail&p=140
Old 04-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
New thread to derp up
I'll ban you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Shits gonna get real up in this bish..
I'll ban you too.

Quote:

http://www.offroadtrailtools.com/sho...t_detail&p=140

LOL!!.....not a bad idea
Old 04-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #16
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
whats that
Old 04-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #17
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I'll ban you

I'll ban you too.

LOL!!.....not a bad idea

Worth it
Old 04-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #18

Quote:

Worth it
Please.....You'll start texting me, and have Jasmine beg me to let you back on..........
Old 04-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #19
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/
Old 04-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #20
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Please.....You'll start texting me, and have Jasmine beg me to let you back on..........
You're lucky I'm working on the Nova right now..