Notices

JeepAndrew's Jetski Trailer-to-Offroad RTT Hauler Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #21
Fuck that rock.
Crawlin WJ is on a distinguished road

Name: Derrick
Crawlin WJ's Tacoma Gallery
lookin good!!!! Can't wait to so see the finished project.
next time I help, I promise not to set myself on fire. Lmao
Old 04-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #22
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
damn this thing is lookin good! can't wait to see he final product
Old 04-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #24
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Looking great!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #25
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Hey andrew can you shoot me a text about those sliders I lost your number on my old phone?
Old 04-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #26
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #27
Jeep driving High Voltage junkie
JeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
JeepAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Today, the guys at Big O Tires hooked me up with a smokin' deal ($180/tire!!) on a set of three 33x12.5x15 Mud Claws which they mounted on some 15x12 jeep rims that CrawlinWJ hooked me up with. I brought them home tonight and finally got the trailer off those stupid 12 inch trailer tires. It's finally really starting to come together:

With the 33s mounted, the ground-to-frame measurement is around 24"

I ordered a set of tiregate latches on Ebay, which came in today. They're a lot bigger than I expected but fuck it. 1,000# gate latches FTW

AND I got my Max Coupler yesterday!! This thing is awesome! Adventure Trailers currently has them for $250 shipped.

This weekend, I will be finally cutting the 14 gauge steel sheet to line the bottom and sides, adding custom built steel fenders (square style to match the fenders on my Wrangler), the tailgate, and fabbing the tongue attachment for the Max coupler. I'm really stoked that it's finally coming together
Old 04-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #28
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That looks awesome Andrew.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #29
Toyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyanvil's Tacoma Gallery
That is looking great.
What is your tongue weight? I just got done building my RTT trailer and I added these, $25 for the pair http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bilstein-Dex...e7f616&vxp=mtr mine is also 24" off the ground, I had to add 8" to the corner jacks just to make them work.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #30
JeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyanvil View Post
That is looking great.
What is your tongue weight? I just got done building my RTT trailer and I added these, $25 for the pair http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bilstein-Dex...e7f616&vxp=mtr mine is also 24" off the ground, I had to add 8" to the corner jacks just to make them work.
Thanks man! Right now tongue weight is 30-35lbs, but will be going up once I sleeve the tongue bar to strengthen it. Also, there will be water cans mounted up front and a deep cycle battery/2,000 watt inverter for onboard 120 volt household power.
I was thinking of going with a drop-bar style tongue jack because of the height issue, and maybe a pair of electric jacks at the back corners to level it on un-even terrain for when the roof top tent is used.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #31
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

why electric stabilizers? Almost every trailer build thread I've read through uses a sort of manually extended folding leg that either auto adjusts or is set like a hitch leg with a crank or one guy even incorporated two high lifts that could be removed when not in use as stabilizers.... not that electric is bad er anything it just seems like its a. more complicated with wiring and b. another thing to fail and be potentially hard to fix on the trail
Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #32
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
why electric stabilizers? Almost every trailer build thread I've read through uses a sort of manually extended folding leg that either auto adjusts or is set like a hitch leg with a crank or one guy even incorporated two high lifts that could be removed when not in use as stabilizers.... not that electric is bad er anything it just seems like its a. more complicated with wiring and b. another thing to fail and be potentially hard to fix on the trail
^ This.

My contribution: http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-02010...era+stabilizer
Old 04-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
^x2... I like that design a lot, simple and lightweight, plus if anything broke it seems like it'd be very easy to fix....
Old 04-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #34
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
^x2... I like that design a lot, simple and lightweight, plus if anything broke it seems like it'd be very easy to fix....
It's what I use on my trailer. It works perfectly and folds up and fits in the tongue box nicely.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #36
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its cause he is a power lineman. so electricity must be used when ever possible.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #37
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtank View Post
Its cause he is a power lineman. so electricity must be used when ever possible.
Eggzachary!!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #38

Quote:
I have a very extensive electrical background so wiring is a cake walk to me, plus the circuits used with these e-jacks are the simple DC source-switch-jack-neg return type so no worries about complication. With the uneven terrain in some places out here, regular crank jacks aren't always an option. The trailer will have a marine battery (tied with a charge lead to the tow vehicle) so electric jacks are a reasonable option. Plus I think it'd be cool to have the electrics anyways
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Good suggestion, but not sure if it would work on anything except a near-to-totally flat surface.

Quote:
A few of the trailers we have at work use the electric jacks for corner leveling, and other than battery problems (lack of batt maintenance) they are extremely reliable and have lasted for years with constant usage. I'm ordering them thru work for wholesale so they won't be expensive at all. I can always change to crank style jacks later if need be
Old 04-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #40
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepAndrew View Post

Good suggestion, but not sure if it would work on anything except a near-to-totally flat surface.
The legs pivot independently. You can be parked sideways on stairs and it works perfectly. This is exactly what I use on my expo trailer and the staibilizer has proved itself in desert, sand, and rocks....far from flat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4hVI9lDiCg

Products Discussed in this Thread