Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Gear Head's 82 Pickup Build

Old 04-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #22
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Where in NC are you?

I'm in greensboro. Gonna b in ws for the fight tonight at ljvm. I'm in ws at least once a week.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:07 AM   #23
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #25
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
I'm in greensboro. Gonna b in ws for the fight tonight at ljvm. I'm in ws at least once a week.
Oh nice! I just moved from Greensboro to Winston. We'll have to get up sometime!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #26
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Made one of my ballistic joint hangars. Round cuts with a cutoff and grinder suck but I got it done. Don't worry, I'll plate the ends

Also, decided on a color.. desert tan!! Going to do a fender and see how I feel about it before buying like 15 cans haha. Was going to do OD green but wanted to try something different.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #28
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Oh nice! I just moved from Greensboro to Winston. We'll have to get up sometime!

Sounds like a plan!
Old 04-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Here is some inspiration. I think it is rustoleum roll-on paint. Not quite desert tan but close.

Nice! Yeah that's almost white. Should I even bother with primer? I'm going to do a little of the rust converter primer for the pitted areas that a flap disc wont get but would regular primer even be worth my time? I'm not worried about getting the body perfect, just want good adhesion.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #30

These are some of the pics that have me liking desert tan:

Normally I like a full bodied truck but this flatbed is sweet!

Old 04-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #31

Oh yeah, this one too

Old 04-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #33

The lighter tan with the bedlined rockers?? I can dig it
Old 04-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #34
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Well, that too... Haha

But I was talking about the tubing on the first one combined with the flat bed on the second one.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Well, that too... Haha

But I was talking about the tubing on the first one combined with the flat bed on the second one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I agree the exo on the first one is pure awesome
I see what you're talking about, that exo with that flat bed would be tits!! If I can pick up a welder and bender I might see what I can do.

I started sanding today. Just going to do one body panel at a time as I get time but here's my dilemma..

I went to the store to pick up some more paint and they have two tans and I couldn't decide so I bought one of each just to try. Left is "Sand" and right is "Khaki". I'm not sure which one I like better

Old 04-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #38
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Desert sand is the way to go.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #39

Desert sand it is
Old 04-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #40

Since raw spray paint is an absolute bitch to keep clean, I think I'm going to flat clear the entire thing.