Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Gear Head's 82 Pickup Build

Old 04-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #1
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Gear Head's 82 Pickup Build

So I figure I'll go ahead and start a build page for my 82 pickup so I don't have to play catch up later.

Current:

When I bought it

Specs:

1982 Toyota Pickup
22R
5 speed
4.70:1 trail gear transfer case gears

Front:
Rear leaf springs up front
2" Skye off-road banana shackles
Rough country shocks
Trail gear stainless steel brake lines
Trail gear ubolt flip kit
Lock-rite front locker
79-81 round headlight swap
2" wheel spacers
Custom front drive shaft from universal automotive
Triple drilled flanges
Trail gear hi-steer
IFS steering box
5.29's
Solid spacer
30 spline longs
Chromo inner and outer hub gears
TG Truss
TG driff guard
TG knuckleball gussets
ARP hub studs

Rear:
Chevy 63's
Ballistic joint shackle hangers
Custom 6" shackls
Trail gear stainless steel brake line
Rough country shocks triangulated in
Welded differential
2" wheel spacers
5.29's
Solid spacer

Wheels and tires:
37x14x15 Iroks
15x10 steelies

Misc:
CB radio
1987 4runner bucket seats

Future Plans:
Bumper
Sliders (IN THE WORKS)
5.29's (DONE)
37x12.50x15 (DONE)
Chevy 63's (DONE)
14" Bilsteins
Winch
Bed bob
Slight dovetail

Some pics

Old 04-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trying to organize, brought these posts over from my other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Anyways, got some things done on the pickup today. Got tags on it and washed it but it didn't make much of a difference haha. Brake lights just needed new bulbs but when I put them in I noticed the brake light switch was sticking. I went to adjust it out and it was already maxed out so I siliconed a penny to the stopper on the pedal, worked like a charm

Also temp mounted my turn signals. Would like to do the blinker mod for tacomas and move them into the corner lights.

Annnnd I may or may not have brainstormed a little......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Haha I was just fucking around. The boggers are my neighbors... 44x19.50x15, big mother fuckers! I thought it would be funny to roll them up to the truck. I hate wide tires like that, looks goofy as hell.

Pulled the carb apart to do a little cleaning. Throttle response is amazing now!! Still need to do some idle speed adjusting.

Also undercoated the entire inside in hopes of making it a little quieter.

And my neighbor came over to check it out and already offered up the use of his welder and was talking about flat beds and exos
Old 04-25-2014, 05:30 PM   #4

Thanks man! Looking forward to getting up with you and the other guys at Uwharrie soon.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
there should be some guys there next Saturday, the 3rd. I will be there in the morning to run Daniel, then I gotta be somewhere around lunchtime.
The gf's fam is coming to stay the weekend then so I won't be able to make that one
Old 04-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #8

Sounds good!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #9
muddedtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Wesley
muddedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddedtaco View Post
Old 04-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #11
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-25-2014, 06:27 PM   #12
Wheeler in Training
Speedytech7 is on a distinguished road
Name: Zane
Speedytech7's Tacoma Gallery
I'm excited to see where this goes, I love the mini-trucks. Looks like a really straight body, how all those Toyota owners do it I'll never know.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #13
muddedtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Wesley
muddedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Like I said before I like the truck, I wish I could buy my uncle's 85 xtra cab but I think I have enough projects for now.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #14
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Subd better be some bad ass shit bout to happen
Old 04-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
You again.... haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedytech7 View Post
I'm excited to see where this goes, I love the mini-trucks. Looks like a really straight body, how all those Toyota owners do it I'll never know.
Straight body? Not quite lol but it's better than most. Bed is pretty beat up and has some rust, tail gate is fucked but works, and passenger fender has some damage. Going to swing by my dad's sometime and grab his body hammers and dolly's and see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddedtaco View Post
Like I said before I like the truck, I wish I could buy my uncle's 85 xtra cab but I think I have enough projects for now.
I hear ya on that. This is my first real project so I'm pretty excited.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
Subd better be some bad ass shit bout to happen
Donate your axles from the 4 runner and I can make that happen
Old 04-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #17
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Not gonna happen in the near future. The 4Runner project is dead. The FJ80 front axle I have may or may not find its way under the Tacoma.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #18
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Subd. Hope to see this truck around.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #19

Where in NC are you?