Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

CR250 Wannabe Enduro Build

Old 04-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #1
braaAAAP
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
CR250 Wannabe Enduro Build

What's up TW. I figured this would be a good place to keep track of my progress/future upgrades. Yeah i could go to a motocross forum and do this but i like TW better

Current state:
And Taco photobombing

Make: Honda
Year: 1998
Model: CR250

CurrentModifications:
  • Freshly rebuilt top end
  • JD Jet kit
  • FMF Turbinecore 2 silencer
  • Tusk D-Flex hand guards
  • Renthal 13t countershaft sprocket
  • TAG Metals 51t rear sprocket
  • Renthal 520 chain
  • Dunlop MX51's
  • Acerbis black fenders, shrouds, and fork guards

WishList:
  • FMF Gnarly pipe
  • Pro Taper Evo oversized bars
  • Renthal Intellilever clutch perch
  • Moose skidplate
  • Moose pipe guard
  • New front and side number plates
  • Heavier-duty hand guards

How it looked when i bought it; aside from FMF silencer:

First riding season

Then when the dreaded Wyoming winter rolled around i decided it was time for a good cleanup and rebuild.

During the tear down

Motor back in it

Bought a JD jet kit and got it tweaked a little better for the altitude/temperature. JD jet kits are worth every penny!

First day of riding after winter. No trails yet since the mountain is still shut down. But luckily there is a track about 5 minutes from work

My most recent mishap. Last season one of my chain adjustment bolts snapped off so i resorted to the lovely little "Swingarm Buddy" kit, which worked ok for a while. Until the other side decided to do the same and that bolt snapped as well. I bought a used swingarm off of ebay for $80 bucks and slapped it on there.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
braaAAAP
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Finally made it up the mountain on the bike for the first time this year. Jetting needs a little tweaking but runs waaayyy better than it did before. Also need to tweak my suspension back to my trail setup. After rebuilding i had set everything back to stock and then made adjustments for our local track, so needless to say it's riding like the broad side of a 2x4 on the rough mountain trails. Overall a great day!