Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

M1101 Surplus Trailer Camp Rig Build

Old 05-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #21
stphnman20 will become famous soon enoughstphnman20 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
stphnman20's Tacoma Gallery
Tagged.

I'm doing research now to do the same build. Really interested on how this is going to turn out.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #22
brav65 is on a distinguished road
brav65's Tacoma Gallery
Trailer

Hey Joe,

My name is Brooks and I l have just started researching the purchase of an M1101. I plan to build a camping trailer as well. My number is 602-725-6778 and my e-mail is brooks.ravenscroft@gmail.com. I live in North Phoenix, I would love to talk about your experience as a bunch of M1101's are up for auction at the beginning of June at Fort Bliss.

Thanks,

Brooks
Old 05-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #23
livintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
livintall's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brav65 View Post
Hey Joe,

My name is Brooks and I l have just started researching the purchase of an M1101. I plan to build a camping trailer as well. My number is 602-725-6778 and my e-mail is brooks.ravenscroft@gmail.com. I live in North Phoenix, I would love to talk about your experience as a bunch of M1101's are up for auction at the beginning of June at Fort Bliss.

Thanks,

Brooks
Hey Brooks! I called and left you a message.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #24
livintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So I got my permanent registration. I picked up a camp stove from Costco and got a couple long ram jacks for the rack elevation. I've got the rack designed and drawn out. Now I need to find some consultation on the materials. I'm 90 % convinced that aluminum is the way to go but I'm not sure what size, wall thickness, etc. I'm looking for a 1000 lb. weight capacity. Any body have any insight on aluminum strength and size requirements?
Old 07-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #25
loco usmc is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Gabriel
loco usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'ed
Man this is exactly the same trailer I was looking for. I was wondering if a quad would fit in the trailer. Curious on the dimensions.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #26
Loco a quad would fit in there easily