Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

ruggedT's Ford F150

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2014, 07:39 AM   #1
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
ruggedT's Ford F150

Figure ill start a build for the Ford since this site is my home. My Tacoma(Build) was sold because of frame rust. I didn't want to give Toyota any additional money after they told me to shove off so I went elsewhere.

Suspension/wheels/tires:
Icon Stage 2 lift. Set at 2.5" or so
Procomp 2.5" AAL
17" Fuel Offroad D552's
285/75 R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers (34 x 11.5)
Swaybar delete

Lighting/Elec:
Blue Sea fuseblock
30" Dual Row, Combo pattern LED light bar - Jasper Offroad(link)
LED bars/pods (China)
LED Interior/exterior Lighting - By csjumper2003(http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...pers-leds.html)
LED rock/puddle lights (ebay- Cool White Light Strip 300 LED Waterproof 5050 SMD)

Other:
Line-x bed
Custom badges/decals (ME!)
tool chest in bed(filled w/ recovery gear, 2.5gal fuel, tools, ect)
12k winch

Armor:
HDPE Skids(Steel sub-frame)
Bolt on rock sliders

Future planned mods:
Dual batteries - so I can clean up my wiring
Front/Rear steel bumpers

Random pics

Old 05-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. My old man drives my EB mainly, I wanted the same lift. Looks clean
Old 05-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #3
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
12k winch is in. Already pulled down a huge Oak leaning on another tree with it.

Note - Fair lead hole was too small. Its fixed on the truck

I can operate it without opening the hood

Next up... sliders
Old 05-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job
Old 05-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck. Definitely would be my choice for a full size. I was hoping you would start a build thread for this one.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! i really like the way the winch tucks into that giant void between the grill and the rad. i would like to do the same with mine if i keep it. debating going back to taco 4cyl but man oh man i love that 360hp 5.0L when i want it, otherwise it's not needed. what engine you running? here's a pic of mine, 2014 reg cab 4x4 limited slip (which is still nothing compared to a locker off road) cooper st maxx 285/70/17 (33x11.5) add a leaf in rear, spacer up front while i wait for bilstein to get their 2014 5100's on the market. still running stock rear shocks, prob go with some procomp or skyjacker or rancho that is about 2 inches longer than stock under $100 kinda thing and that will be it.
Attached Thumbnails
ruggedT's Ford F150-photo.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 11:09 AM   #9
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely done! How do you like it compared to the Taco? Fit and finish, engine tranny etc...
Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #10
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Nice looking truck. Definitely would be my choice for a full size. I was hoping you would start a build thread for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
looks good! i really like the way the winch tucks into that giant void between the grill and the rad. i would like to do the same with mine if i keep it. debating going back to taco 4cyl but man oh man i love that 360hp 5.0L when i want it, otherwise it's not needed. what engine you running? here's a pic of mine, 2014 reg cab 4x4 limited slip (which is still nothing compared to a locker off road) cooper st maxx 285/70/17 (33x11.5) add a leaf in rear, spacer up front while i wait for bilstein to get their 2014 5100's on the market. still running stock rear shocks, prob go with some procomp or skyjacker or rancho that is about 2 inches longer than stock under $100 kinda thing and that will be it.
I have the 5.0 with the LSD. Opted to stick with the LSD over the rear locker. The taco's did great I never had any issues stuck wise because of it. Truck looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
Nicely done! How do you like it compared to the Taco? Fit and finish, engine tranny etc...
I love it, much better than the taco imo. Its very well thought out engineering wise and there's plenty of space to work with. Had some funky issues after I messed with a super chip programmer so I recommend not messing with those. Dealer checked it out and reflashed it. Seems fine now.

TPMS is a BIT*H on these. Pipe bomb trick dosnt work, and no way to disable it. Cant tape over the either HUD to hide it either... and it beeps. I do not want it
Old 05-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #11
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5.0 with the LSD. Opted to stick with the LSD over the rear locker. The taco's did great I never had any issues stuck wise because of it. Truck looks good!

how's your mpg's? i can get 19-20 on no wind days with moderate hills, driving into a 20mph headwind 15mpg, city 13-16mpg, city for me is a lot of stop and go and jammed up freeways where a lot of time is spend barely moving if at all.

also like the way you not only removed the stupid little air damn that hangs low then went ahead and cleaned out the next plastic above that, wasn't sure if that actually came off or not.

btw, what year is yours? i couldn't get any coil overs to fit my 2014.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:55 PM   #12
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

how's your mpg's? i can get 19-20 on no wind days with moderate hills, driving into a 20mph headwind 15mpg, city 13-16mpg, city for me is a lot of stop and go and jammed up freeways where a lot of time is spend barely moving if at all.

also like the way you not only removed the stupid little air damn that hangs low then went ahead and cleaned out the next plastic above that, wasn't sure if that actually came off or not.

btw, what year is yours? i couldn't get any coil overs to fit my 2014.
I get around 16 as long as I keep it 65 or less. Yea that air dam... woulda been the 1st thing to get ripped off. Top part was a little interesting to get the clips undone behind the black covers. I just cut them. Mine is a 2013
Old 05-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #13
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Which china LEDs are those?
Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 PM   #14
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Im actually going to post some more pics and a link hopefully this weekend for them. Stay tuned
Old 05-29-2014, 08:09 AM   #15
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Im actually going to post some more pics and a link hopefully this weekend for them. Stay tuned
Old 05-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #16
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-29-2014, 08:30 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, can't wait to see what you end up with for sliders.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #18
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
so yesterday i was in a really pissy mood and was driving my 5.0 like a moron as in stepping on it everytime i had a chance and wow, goodby gasoline! man that 5.0 can drink fuel when it wants to!

on a less dumbass note i am curious as to how much longer those icon rears were than the stock rears?

also do you plan to keep your sway bar on?

good to have another former tacoma driver in a ford to bounce things off cause it seems like you are a step ahead of me, well, maybe 2 steps!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #19
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so yesterday i was in a really pissy mood and was driving my 5.0 like a moron as in stepping on it everytime i had a chance and wow, goodby gasoline! man that 5.0 can drink fuel when it wants to!

on a less dumbass note i am curious as to how much longer those icon rears were than the stock rears?

also do you plan to keep your sway bar on?

good to have another former tacoma driver in a ford to bounce things off cause it seems like you are a step ahead of me, well, maybe 2 steps!
Ill have to compare then one day to see if they're longer... from what I recall from my convo's with icon is they are for the lift.

Swaybar is gone. Only way to get flex out of the front
Old 05-31-2014, 09:59 PM   #20
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Got these all tacked up today. Gussets/finish welding tomm. Then testing...Hope they work

Products Discussed in this Thread