Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Budget D.D.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #41
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
seems to be coming along nicely Chad. glad there arent any major problems while you are tearing into her. what you got planned next?
Old 05-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #42
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
seems to be coming along nicely Chad. glad there arent any major problems while you are tearing into her. what you got planned next?
I'm trying not to get to far ahead of myself. Life is a struggle right now and this project has taken a backseat to everything else. That ISR mod was only possible cause I had some stuff laying around and....well.....I just can't leave shit alone. I should pull the valve covers and take care of those oil leaks, but I'm not ready. Not sure if I ever will be, but....
Old 05-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #44
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I'm trying not to get to far ahead of myself. Life is a struggle right now and this project has taken a backseat to everything else. That ISR mod was only possible cause I had some stuff laying around and....well.....I just can't leave shit alone. I should pull the valve covers and take care of those oil leaks, but I'm not ready. Not sure if I ever will be, but....
you'll get it all squared away over time bro............life works that way.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #45
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you'll get it all squared away over time bro............life works that way.
Yup, I'll get there.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #46
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Slick...
Old 05-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #47

Got a new exhaust put on today. Cat-back with a lifetime guarantee. Cost $169.60 installed. I don't know what kind it is. I asked for the cheapest and they said they would put something together for me. Everywhere else I called quoted me $260+, so I'm happy.

I should be good to pass an inspection now, but I didn't think to schedule it at the same time as the exhaust install. Unfortunately, the shop was short handed and backed up and couldn't squeeze it in......maybe next week.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #48

Went to the local foreign auto salvage yard this past weekend and scored some things. My best find was an IFS skid plate that didn't even have so much as a ding or dent on it. I pretty excited about it. I hear they're kinda hard to find.
Before:

After:

Old 06-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #49

I also picked up a new trim piece for around the stereo. The original was chewed up from a crappy stereo install or a theft.
Old:

New:

The new one is kinda scratched up, but it is at least intact. As an added bonus, I got a clock with the new trim piece that actually works. The old one told time, but was never right.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #50

I also removed the emergency siren and switches. It was an interesting novelty, but of no use to me except to irritate the neighbors. I didn't like the holes left in the center console, so I got another one. It has no holes in it and the gray vinyl armrest is in better shape than the leather trimmed armrest on the original console.
Old:

New:

While I was swapping out the console, I discovered some odd wiring. I don't know what it was for, but the plug fits a rechargeable worklight that I have, so I left it installed.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #51
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
so need somewhere to ship that siren?
Old 06-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #52
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
shouldnt your truck already have a siren cause of the fact that your a cop...
Old 06-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #53

Finally, I scored an extra rear window switch. My intentions are to tap into the wiring in the tailgate to install the window switch in the cargo area. This will allow me to operate the rear window from inside the vehicle in the cargo area without needing the keys in the accessory position. It will be handy for camping in the 4Runner or cleaning the inside of the rear window....basically added convenience.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #54
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
shouldnt your truck already have a siren cause of the fact that your a cop...
no
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #55
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no
oh....you should fix that then
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #56

Quote:
Don't worry, you're the 1st one I thought of when I removed it. You may have to do some guessing with the wiring. I had to cut some of them to get it out and, well, some of the wiring was questionable to begin with. Also, the switches are crappy and need replaced. And.......I'm not sure when I'll be able to ship it, but when I do, I'll hit you up for a mailing address.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #57
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Don't worry, you're the 1st one I thought of when I removed it. You may have to do some guessing with the wiring. I had to cut some of them to get it out and, well, some of the wiring was questionable to begin with. Also, the switches are crappy and need replaced. And.......I'm not sure when I'll be able to ship it, but when I do, I'll hit you up for a mailing address.
SWEET!

new mod for the trail rig i havent bought yet!

i can handle rewiring and new switches no problemo!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #58
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
junk yard trips are always fun!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #59
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

btw...youre doing a GREAT job of getting that truck back into shape...especially working on a budget
Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
junk yard trips are always fun!
I found that skid plate by accident! It was in the back of a vehicle and I tossed it aside to look under it before I realized what it was. The only thing I didn't get was a single center cap that I'm missing. Junk yard trips are like treasure hunts.