Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Budget D.D.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #101
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Thanks, Charli, Will. The tires were $200 + $35 mount/balance
hell yeah....cant beat that for an awesome set of bfg's!!
Old 07-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #102
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I had the tires mount/balanced at Walmart. I know.....I hate them too, but the price was my main concern. Every tire had a different pressure ranging from 29-35 psi. I wanted the white letters out, of course they were in. Then, I had to sign a waiver for oversized tires. As far as my research shows, 31/10.5/15 is an optional, but stock size. When it was finally done, the tech gave me the spiel about how my odometer was gonna be off. Just goes to show, you get what you pay for.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #103
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #104
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well..........I turned a nut here, twisted a bolt there, added a little rattle can magic, and a couple grand(cold, hard cash), and this is how it's turned out so far.

Not quite what you were expecting, was it?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #105
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Well..........I turned a nut here, twisted a bolt there, added a little rattle can magic, and a couple grand(cold, hard cash), and this is how it's turned out so far.

Not quite what you were expecting, was it?
Did you sell it or something? I was just getting into it?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #106
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
^^^yea what happened??
Old 05-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSter0077 View Post
Did you sell it or something? I was just getting into it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterIvey View Post
^^^yea what happened??
Sorry fellas. My 4Runner, with it's 3.0 V6, did what most 3.0 V6's were known for. It blew the headgasket. I continued to drive it while I contemplated doing the repair myself. After considering the time(that i didn't have) and the other fixes that would just make sense during a headgasket job, I decided to park it and sell it before too much damage was done. I sold it for $1700. I took a loss, but got more than I expected considering the work needed. Suprisingly, I only had the runner listed for 3 days before it sold.

I really wanted to replace with another Toyota, but happened upon this Subaru Outback. It's a 96 with a 2.2 and 5 speed stick. It has the bulletproof reputation of Toyotas 2.2, without the Toyota pricetag. I've got an amazing AWD system, space to accomaodate the family (dogs included), and being a couple years newer, a few more modern amenities than the 4Runner had to offer. All for $2500.

Although I am always going to love Toyotas and will be in a Tacoma again some day, I really really like this Outback. It is a phenomenal car and a hoot to drive.

Because I am an auto enthusiest, vehicles that I like are ever changing and constantly evolving. If anyone is interested, I will gladly post some of the work I've done on this car. If not, this is TacomaWorld afterall, I'll understand.