Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Budget D.D.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Budget D.D.

I've been in a bit of a rut lately. Havn't been posting much. Been busy on the homefront. I decided to do something a little different from the other (and my previous) "build" threads to try and regroup.

Welcome to my Budget D.D. thread.

The subject: 1992 Toyota 4Runner, SR5, 3.0, Auto, 4x4, 116,500 miles, southern vehicle with very little rust
Purchase Price: $2300 Tax/Title: $196.50

1st repair was a pair of new 1/2 shafts and a pair of washer fluid pumps: $147.98 and $30

During the CV shaft install, I discovered the front shocks needed replaced.
Cheap terrible riding new shocks: $46
I also discovered in the first week of ownership that the new inspection sticker was actually an emissions sticker. Now that I need a state inspection, I'm going to have to replace some other things that I originally would have let ride.
Today I had a new windshield installed: $190
Old 04-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pretty soon I'll be getting an alignment and then an inspection. If I don't need to fix anything else, I'll be chasing after some new tires.

Total so far.....$2910.48. (not including fluid+lubricant costs)
Old 04-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
you'll get there brotha. sometimes, going the cheap way works best til you can afford all of what you want/need.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you'll get there brotha. sometimes, going the cheap way works best til you can afford all of what you want/need.
Yeah. I'm gonna be doing this one a little differently. Lift (if any) will be minimal. I don't want anything bigger than 31"s and believe me when I say 31's will be a huge improvement. The current tires are 235/75/15....tiny.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Woot! Budget Build thread! You should've included those "goodies" you found in that thing too.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #6

The whole inspection sticker thing didn't help any.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Yeah. I'm gonna be doing this one a little differently. Lift (if any) will be minimal. I don't want anything bigger than 31"s and believe me when I say 31's will be a huge improvement. The current tires are 235/75/15....tiny.
cant say i blame you at all there.....less lift, less other problems(alignment/vibrations) to worry about. and 31's will still look good.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
Woot! Budget Build thread! You should've included those "goodies" you found in that thing too.
I might....I took the fuse out for now. (don't know if I want to keep the siren or not)
Old 04-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I might....I took the fuse out for now. (don't know if I want to keep the siren or not)
I totally would, you never know when that would come in handy.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
if you dont keep the siren...um...deebs
Old 04-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Pretty soon I'll be getting an alignment and then an inspection. If I don't need to fix anything else, I'll be chasing after some new tires.

Total so far.....$2910.48. (not including fluid+lubricant costs)
I failed an inspection today and couldn't get an alignment. I had to install a new idler arm and I have a pitman arm on order (should have it and will install it tomorrow). That and a very questionable exhaust got me a big fat "F" for the inspection.

New Idler Arm
Old 04-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #12

$2910.48 current invested
+$52.99 for idler arm
+$34.99 for pitman arm
+$14.99 for pitman arm puller
Old 04-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin101 View Post
Interesting!
Really? Or, are you being sarcastic?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #15
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
looks like this could be a good build~
Old 04-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrezidentRedz View Post
looks like this could be a good build~
Eventually. It will be a less is more type rig. For now it's basic repairs on an as-needed basis. This thread is more of a record of repairs and cost than mods.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #17

IDK, that exhaust looks like it's in pretty damn good shape...
Old 04-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #18

New pitman arm. COUGH, pain in my ass, COUGH, COUGH
Old 04-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
glad to see things are coming together for ya toy!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
glad to see things are coming together for ya toy!
I'll be a little happier when it's road safe and street legal.