Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2014 Honda CRF250L Build

Old 06-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
PcBuilder's 2014 Honda CRF250L Build

Figured I'd make a build thread for my bike... Not sure how fast the mods will come as I'm still learning a lot. But it'll be a good place for me to keep a list of what I want!

Anyways, just bought it on June 28, 2014 with 0 miles on it. As of August 28th, 2014 it has 1,000 miles on it.

Currently

Stock

Specs
- 2014 Honda CRF250LE
- 249.6 CC
- Fuel Injected
- 6-speed

Mods

Body:
Zeta Hand guards
Zeta XC Protectors w/Blinkers
Powermadd Handguard Mirrors
Seat Concepts 1" shorter seat
DRC Edge2 Integrated Turn Signals Tail Light/license plate mount
Ram Cell Phone Mount

Controls:
Pro Taper Seven Eighths CR High Handlebars
Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite Grips
Zeta Shorty Brake Lever
Zeta Shorty Clutch Lever

Drivetrain:
FMF Powerbomb Header
FMF Powercore 4 Hex Muffler
EFI Controller
SpeedoDRD
Airbox Mod
13T Front Sprocket
42T Rear Sprocket

Electrical:
Fixed Rate Turn Signal Flasher
BikeMaster 12 Volt Power Adapter

Suspension:
Kouba Lowering link
Raised Forks

Gear:
Fly Racing Trekker Matte Black Helmet
Enemy Sand Black Goggles
Sena SMH10
Fly Racing Butane III Black Jacket
Icon Twenty-niner Gloves
Maverick ATV/Dual Sport Boots

Future Mods
Kouba Lowering link
Zeta Brake and Clutch Levers
Raise Forks
Zeta Hand guards
Zeta XC Protectors w/Blinkers
Powermadd Handguard Mirrors
Seat Concepts 1" shorter seat
DRC Edge2 Integrated Turn Signals Tail Light/license plate mount
Fixed Rate Turn Signal Flasher
Ram Cell Phone Mount
BikeMaster 12 Volt Power Adapter
Sena SMH10
Stage 1 Kit
OEM Exhaust Gasket
Air Box Vents
SpeedoDRD Calibrator
42T Sprocket
Pro Taper Seven Eighths CR High Handlebars
Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite Grips
Cruz Tools Speedkit
Flatland Racing Skid Plate and Radiator Guard
R&G Engine Case Cover
R&G Racing Aero Frame Sliders
DRC Motard Footpegs
Black Plastics
Supermoto Conversion Kit
Old 06-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
First step is DEFINITELY lowering the thing haha
Old 06-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I'm dying to get my drz400 now.
What happened to the KLR?
Old 06-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed
Old 06-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenekyd View Post
Subbed

Quote:
Thats jake. I ain't want no stinkin spidermonkeyesk, transformerlookin, weird ass Kawasaki.
Oh yeah haha
Old 06-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #9
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Now you need a trailer for when you go camping so you can just park the truck and go ride. And not have to set up and takedown the RTT
Old 06-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #10
braaAAAP
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
CRFs & DRZ's....i see some supermotos in the works

Old 06-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Now you need a trailer for when you go camping so you can just park the truck and go ride. And not have to set up and takedown the RTT
I'll be picking this up tomorrow.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipps View Post
CRFs & DRZ's....i see some supermotos in the works

Eventually haha

Experience and lowering is all I'm going to do until I'm comfortable with it.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I'll be picking this up tomorrow.

I hope the hitch carrier and not the truck
Old 06-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #15

Quote:
I hope the hitch carrier and not the truck
Haha don't worry, just the hitch carrier haha
Quote:
Hitch hauls are cool. Just make sure shit is strapped down right.

Shipps, i'm still undecided on S or SM model so yes, supermotos may be in the works
Yeah, do you think two straps will be good? I know you're not supposed to tighten it down so much that it compresses the shocks. Gonna be on the back for about 500 miles...
Old 06-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #17
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
steezinstangl's Tacoma Gallery
it really depends on how many straps you need. i use 3 straps usually. 2 on handle bars and one holding down the back wheel. i have a hitch carrier for my yz250f and it does alright. pretty sturdy but still eh. I'm debating on just welding everything together and ditch all the shitty bolts.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #19

Quote:
I like to compress the suspension a good bit but not all the way. 2-4 straps is plenty. You'll have to see how it will be getting it up on there because your truck is lifted. You may end up having to get a small trailer.
Nah, that'd what curbs and ditches are for haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezinstangl View Post
it really depends on how many straps you need. i use 3 straps usually. 2 on handle bars and one holding down the back wheel. i have a hitch carrier for my yz250f and it does alright. pretty sturdy but still eh. I'm debating on just welding everything together and ditch all the shitty bolts.
Yeah, I won't be using the carrier very often really.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #20
braaAAAP
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Haha don't worry, just the hitch carrier haha

Yeah, do you think two straps will be good? I know you're not supposed to tighten it down so much that it compresses the shocks. Gonna be on the back for about 500 miles...
Get a fork saver for the front at least, you'll have nothing to worry about then. For the rear i imagine just something to secure the rear wheel will work well.

Quote:
If honda made that in a 450 as a factory supermoto, my shorts would never be dry again.
My lerrrd the things i would do to a factory 450 SM If wyo wasn't winter nearly 8 months out of the year i would be riding a supermoto all day every day.