1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bulhas's Fire Prone 1997 Lexus LX-450

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by bulhas, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Dec 8, 2014 at 6:09 AM
    bulhas

bulhas [OP] the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    yah i think it comes down to my budget in the long run..... i got to find a shop that is capable of doing this swap, Im hoping my total cost is no more than 12k..... but I may throw in a 3 link while im at it and if I do ill be upping my budget by 6k as Ill probably swap my front axle as well

2. Dec 8, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    SconnieHailer

SconnieHailer PutterClutch

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Double Cab V6 6Speed
    That's alot of k's... If it were me i'd likely go the change a few things and test route rather than a whole bunch of big changes at once, but the latter is probably the smarter if you can afford it.

3. Dec 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    Joe, how are your 37's working out? Did you need to do any trimming or hammering for those? I have almost the exact same suspension setup and I'm looking to move up to either 37's or 345s. It will either be 37" MTRs or 345 KM2s. So I'm just trying to get an idea what I kind of extra work I'll need to do.

How do you like your AOE bumper? I've got an ARB already and don't have many complaints about it but I like the looks of the AOE. What did you do with your running lights now that they're covered up?

4. Dec 12, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    bulhas

bulhas [OP] the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    the lighting hasn't been too noticeable yet! but I have depos in already and some striker 270's ....... I plan on doing a retrofit in the depos for more effective light

37's was all about back spacing, with 4" BS rims its perfect. I noticed the odd firewall touch from flexing but thats due to my caster being incorrect atm (I need to fix that one of these days) be ready to put a cooler in or your steering will hate you and im sure as you know keep a factory power steering pump, the reman's dont last long........ I hunted down my lack of power steering for a while.....

Also regearing makes the truck wake up but not enough for my feeling of lack of power....

Products Discussed in

To Top