Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

10.5 Gen Corolla Build

Old 12-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #1
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
10.5 Gen Corolla Build

This is my 2012 Corolla. I've been going for a simple and clean look. I'm posting on here because all the other forums suck, and TW always seems to be active. And I plan to own a Tacoma one day!

How she sits today
[/url

When I first got her in July of 2013 with the factory lift kit...

I have a little build thread for the stereo on TN
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/32...-10-5-gen.html

I got a little Plastidip crazy in the beginning of this year.

Then finally saved some money to make the car look nice and get rid of most of the plastidip

I bought some 17" XRS wheels from a friend for $150

Took the plastidip off and cleaned them up. I found out 3 center caps were broken, and ordered new ones.

I got them powder coated Anthracite Metallic

Got them put on with some new tires

Then got the new center caps color matched

Decided she needed some low and got some Tein 9th gen S Techs

I debadged the rear

I ended up blowing a strut on my girlfriends dirt road, so I told her I'm never going on it again. I park at the end of the paved road and she comes and picks me up haha. I didn't want to deal the blown strut so I saved and got some coilovers.

I picked up these brand new Megan Racing Street Series coilovers for $600 from the same guy I bought the wheels from(he has the grey Corolla in the previous pictures). He bought them and then decided he wants to get a different car.

Put them on the car and decided to max them out since it's not that extreme of a drop. I'm very impressed the ride of these coils. I had 600lb of people in the car going 85 mph on the freeway, and it rode just like it would with only me in the car. She's not slammed, but close enough to it. I won't go any lower, at least for now haha.

I scrape quite a bit now. I'm fine on most speed bumps. Some drive ways I scrape pretty bad on.

I already preran the speed bumps, don't worry my approach angle isn't always that bad.

I scraped really bad one night trying to leave a parking lot that lead into a dirt road. I was trying to get back onto the pavement and had to drop off a small curb thing. I was screwed no matter which way I went.

Here's the aftermath of that

The next thing I'm doing is putting an iPad Mini in the dash. I have the iPad already, I'm just waiting on the Audison bit ten processor to start that. Then eventually redo the whole system.

It's been done in the Corolla already. I wont have to destroy the dash like in my brother's Tacoma, so I'm glad about that.

Just some random pictures over the last few weeks
Old 12-16-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Good progress on your build man! That is one Corolla I would buy!
Old 12-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #4
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sweet!!. My girl has a 2009 LE gonna install some xrs black headlights with retros soon and looking for some of those xrs wheels too...can't find any tho
Old 12-16-2014, 11:55 PM   #6
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Looks sweet!!. My girl has a 2009 LE gonna install some xrs black headlights with retros soon and looking for some of those xrs wheels too...can't find any tho
The Corolla fam on Instagram is pretty big, I'll keep an out for some!
Old 12-17-2014, 12:05 AM   #7
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by killianeric View Post
The Corolla fam on Instagram is pretty big, I'll keep an out for some!
Dope I'll look into it as well.
Found some of those on the new S (2014-15) for sale on craiglist today I believe it's the same out pattern still (5x100mm)
Not sure if those would look good on her car sorry for the thread jack lol
Old 12-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #8
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I dig the look man
Old 12-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Dope I'll look into it as well.
Found some of those on the new S (2014-15) for sale on craiglist today I believe it's the same out pattern still (5x100mm)
Not sure if those would look good on her car sorry for the thread jack lol
Here's my friends with the 11th gen wheels! I would say look for some Tc wheels. They look really good on the Corollas!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #10
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by killianeric View Post
Here's my friends with the 11th gen wheels! I would say look for some Tc wheels. They look really good on the Corollas!
Damn it looks sweet...better than on the 11th gens lol

Been thinking off adding the S body kit on her car as well.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Damn it looks sweet...better than on the 11th gens lol

Been thinking off adding the S body kit on her car as well.
Yeah, it really does haha. Look up K style lip for the corolla!
Old 12-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #12

And thank you to everyone else!
Old 12-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #13
Long time lurker
Tacoma Dave is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Tacoma Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Nice car man. I like your drive way flex.