Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

2015 Tundra Build

Old 02-28-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
2015 Tundra Build

Well Friday night I traded the tacoma in, I couldnt justify throwing money fixing and re-doing mods on an off-road rig that I daily drive. I began looking at full size trucks for a few reasons, power for starters to tow our hauler and boats. Secondly the gf and I plan to start seeing more of America and you cant beat a full size for ride quality. This truck will be nowhere nearly as modded as my tacoma was but I do have some minor plans for it. So thanks for looking at my new build!!

2015 Tundra SR5
Black 4x4 Doublecab

So as some of you know i was torn between the 5.0 FX4 F-150 and the Tundras, price point and interior quality made that decision for me! Cant get over the interior of this truck!

The redesigned front ends are beautiful, in fact i have no intention of changing it, except for the OE Rigid fog light kit and the Rigid 30" SR series in the lower grill.

4x4 Double cabs are pretty hard to find apparently, one of the few the dealer had that was an SR5 and in my budget was black, I inquired about a white one but estimated order time is 6-9 months! Without even seeing the truck I bought it, they delivered it to my work the next day.

Some cool interior features!

Toyota... you did good on the Tundra and i'm thankful to still be part of the Toyota family!

We all know we cant leave vehicles completely stock on this forum! So heres a future mod list, like i said this truck will be very simple and clean.

Method Standards 18x8.5 (Black)
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 295/70r18 or similar size.
Rigid Industries OE Fog kit for dually's (using my old D2's)
Rigid Industries Lower Bumper Bracket for 30" SR2 Combo
Tinted Windows
ADS Coilovers
ADS 2.5" Rear Shocks
MCM Fab UCA
BudBuilt 1/4" Aluminum Main Skid (or see if the pelfreys will fry one up)
Old 02-28-2015, 10:37 PM   #2
Mall crawling like a boss
Twinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Infantry 3/3 I. CO.
Name: Chris
Twinkie0311's Tacoma Gallery
Never got to see your Taco. But I'm sure it was pretty sweet. Look forward to seeing more pics of what the Tundra is going to look like.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:38 PM   #4
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pass that popcorn over this build will be slow!
Old 02-28-2015, 10:44 PM   #5
TaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TaylorU's Tacoma Gallery
Haha I'll do ya one better....
Old 02-28-2015, 11:17 PM   #9
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new rig man.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:21 PM   #10
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the dark side! After my Tacoma got totaled last Aug I got a Tundra too, for many of the same reasons.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #11
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
youll miss your first gen eventually. ^

looks good. but thought you were going white again
Old 02-28-2015, 11:30 PM   #12
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
youll miss your first gen eventually. ^

looks good. but thought you were going white again
Still have a 98 4runner thats going to get built to the not so street friendly amount(linked tons and 40's), so the tundra will be a nice tow rig for it when I get it there.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:02 AM   #13
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Subd budday! Enjoy the new whip stank
Old 03-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #14
Thanks everyone! I updated the OP with some selling points on my decision with the tundra! Also have a future mod list so you all have an idea of what will come...someday...nothing anytime soon!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #15
____livevil____
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
what was your reasoning for 18's?

Not gonna black out the chrome? No BHLM?

I agree man. The front ends look great on the new Tundy's!!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #16
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
This is my only suggestion for this build

Old 03-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #17
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #18
Wranglin the Badger
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny
Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #20
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed.