Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My travel trailer remodel thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #21
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
good call. I'll see how much i can get done before 5

Do we have a cap on how much we can upload?
Yeah but it's pretty obscene. I had the same thing happen and ended up downloading my whole album from PB. When you download the album it reduces the quality down to 1024x768 size which is perfect for forums. Not like you are printing pictures off of it.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #22
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the tip Jason.

I rehosted all the pics and added some more pics to the OP
Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #23
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Good stuff dude.

I think im gonna start flippin through CL...you got a good deal!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #24
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
Good stuff dude.

I think im gonna start flippin through CL...you got a good deal!
yeah I got pretty lucky. I eventually want to upgrade to something a little bigger. Maybe in the 23' range. For sure something with 2 axles. I can't haul too much inside the TT on just one axle, and backing up is a little more sensitive with one more axle compared to two.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #25
n00b

These pics are in my build thread. Thought I'd put them in here too.

Yosemite on Labor Day weekend

Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #26
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome job!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #27
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Got this (1985) real light back in 07 working on it slow.. I love the thing for hunting trips.. Jim
Old 10-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #28
n00b

nice! any interior pics?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #29
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RadiantRed View Post
hahah, very cool! reminds me of one my parents had when I was a few years old

You ever think that it might be where you were the dirty thought in your parents head? LoL
Old 10-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #30
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
You ever think that it might be where you were the dirty thought in your parents head? LoL
LOL wth?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #31
Woodstocktaco is on a distinguished road
Woodstocktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Great job on the trailer rebuild. You got an awesome deal if the roof doesn't leak. About 10 years ago I bought a 1973 Terry 23' and spent the better part of a summer scraping the roof back down to the original aluminum and resealing it, replacing the old ceiling & putting in a new furnace. Once I got it in order I was the envy of my hunting camp!
Old 02-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #32
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstocktaco View Post
Great job on the trailer rebuild. You got an awesome deal if the roof doesn't leak. About 10 years ago I bought a 1973 Terry 23' and spent the better part of a summer scraping the roof back down to the original aluminum and resealing it, replacing the old ceiling & putting in a new furnace. Once I got it in order I was the envy of my hunting camp!
thanks!

yea the roof doesn't leak. with the pile of receipts, I think I saw a roof reseal sometime in 200x so not too recent, but not as old as the trailer.

I only use it in the summer months, and I cheat during the winter months. I cover the whole thing with a 10x30 tarp.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #33
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw this thread. My advice is to keep the smaller trailer. If you go bigger it is so much harder to pull, harder to park. Especially if it is paid off and you have a place to store it without a monthly fee. I had a nice 19' 5th wheel, it pulled pretty easy but we had to pay $50/month to store it and ended up only using it a few times a year. Sold it before anything needed replacing. Got enough to pay it off and a bit extra, but no more monthly storage fee. Sometimes small is good.

Really nice for hunting trips as mentioned previously.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #34
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates or pics from wheeling this thing?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #35
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Just saw this thread. My advice is to keep the smaller trailer. If you go bigger it is so much harder to pull, harder to park. Especially if it is paid off and you have a place to store it without a monthly fee. I had a nice 19' 5th wheel, it pulled pretty easy but we had to pay $50/month to store it and ended up only using it a few times a year. Sold it before anything needed replacing. Got enough to pay it off and a bit extra, but no more monthly storage fee. Sometimes small is good.

Really nice for hunting trips as mentioned previously.
Sorry I didn't see this before. But yea, we decided to keep it. At least for now. But no plans at all to sell and get a bigger one any time soon. When we start having kids, then maybe, but that won't be for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Any updates or pics from wheeling this thing?
I actually haven't brought it out much. This past summer I only took it out once. And this summer is looking really busy too, so I'm not sure if I'll even get it out. I've been camping a bunch, but I've been going by myself and I just sleep in the back of the truck. btw, I wouldn't take this thing wheeling. It's not set up like those TTs in Australia with suspension upgrades and sliders.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:06 AM   #36
Savior of the Universe
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
so you're upgrading to a full icon 2.0 suspension on the trailer??????

no?

It'd be kickass if you did... lol. i've thought about doing something like this a lot lately.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #37
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mipawlus View Post
so you're upgrading to a full icon 2.0 suspension on the trailer??????

no?

It'd be kickass if you did... lol. i've thought about doing something like this a lot lately.
LOL not that kind of trailer. Although I would love to have an exo trailer to bring on the trails. One can only wish
Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #38
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
LOL not that kind of trailer. Although I would love to have an exo trailer to bring on the trails. One can only wish
You got friends with tools and talent ya know
Old 01-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #39
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
You got friends with tools and talent ya know
Dont' tease

No but I'm not at liberty to add one more toy/project right now. It'll be on my long list of things in the future tho