Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My travel trailer remodel thread

Old 08-08-2009, 02:34 AM   #1
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
My travel trailer remodel thread

As promised from my previous thread (LINK), some before and after pics:

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

I bought the trailer for $300 off Craigslist (can someone say STEAL?!?) and probably added another grand into it in renovations and upgrades. The first order of business was the smell. It smelled like an astray from a Las Vegas strip club. With the advice of the folks on here, I used bowls of baking soda and placed them all around the trailer. I then cleaned all of the walls and ceiling, and replaced ALL of the upholstery (foam, bedding, curtains, etc). In a couple of weeks, no more cigarette smell

Other mods:
flipping axle (lifting the trailer)
new tires
new floors
new wall paper
reframed dinette
new dinette table
new bathroom walls
new shower head
new bathroom fan
replaced all light fixtures
replaced carpet
vent covers
replaced all locks
2000W inverter
Old 08-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Wow big improvement! Great Job it looks sickk!!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #4
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! What other plans do you have? New flooring? new wall paper? Do tell.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
Sweet! What other plans do you have? New flooring? new wall paper? Do tell.
I actually replaced the flooring and wall paper when I got it. I'm not too sure what's next, maybe repaint the outside? IDK, I've thought about selling it, and make a pretty good investment on it. I bought it for $300, added another $1000 in renovations. I'm sure I can sell it for a ~$2500 range. But the GF has openly protested against it. I miss the good ol days of tent camping (or in the back of the truck).
Old 06-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
100x better!! Looks great!!. Have fun camping.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #8
asphinctersayswhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Nice work man!!! Where did you find the trailer?? ::would love a project::
Craigslist. I lucked out and was the first of ~25 people to email this lady. For that summer, the taco didn't get any love and this was the only thing modded. Then when it was functional, I went back to modding the taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
100x better!! Looks great!!. Have fun camping.
Thanks! We use it ~5 times/year, all in the summer. Still debating on if it's worth it to keep it.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #9
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
I actually replaced the flooring and wall paper when I got it. I'm not too sure what's next, maybe repaint the outside? IDK, I've thought about selling it, and make a pretty good investment on it. I bought it for $300, added another $1000 in renovations. I'm sure I can sell it for a ~$2500 range. But the GF has openly protested against it. I miss the good ol days of tent camping (or in the back of the truck).
Lol, Now I see it. Looks even better now.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
where the magic happens?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #11
asphinctersayswhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
where the magic happens?
Haha no. The dinette actually folds down and creates a queen size. That's where the magic happens
Old 06-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #12
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha no. The dinette actually folds down and creates a queen size. That's where the magic happens
And you eat there

Trailer looks great MJ. Huge improvement.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #13
asphinctersayswhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
And you eat there

Trailer looks great MJ. Huge improvement.
eat there in more ways than one

thanks man!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #14
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
hahah, very cool! reminds me of one my parents had when I was a few years old
Old 07-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Was looking through the build forum and saw this. Do you have updated picture links by any chance? sounds interesting...
Old 07-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #16
asphinctersayswhat?

Yeah the pictres will be viewable in a day or so. My banwidth at photbucket has exceeded for the month, but it'll reset soon and all of my pics will be viewable.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #17
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
cool, i'll check back later
Old 07-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #18
asphinctersayswhat?

you can also check out some pics here
Old 07-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #19
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Hey MJ. Perhaps you should move the frequently used photos to TW. Just a thought....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/

Old 07-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #20
asphinctersayswhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Hey MJ. Perhaps you should move the frequently used photos to TW. Just a thought....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/

good call. I'll see how much i can get done before 5

Do we have a cap on how much we can upload?