Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Boomtacoma's other build.... Little Red 85

Old 04-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #261
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Got the rear driveshaft picked up and installed.

Fixed a hole in a fuel return line.

Filled up the transmission with some Mobile 1 gear oil.

Most importantly started the truck up easily for once.

Hopefully I will have it at Dave's for the cage by the end of this week.

Edit: the pics show the crossmember incorrectly bolted up. It mounts above the outer tabs not below like the pictures show
Old 04-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #262
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I want!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #263
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good dude!

Brett
Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #264
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I may have added a few more lumens to the Red Truck with a slightly used Blitzpro 21S LED bar. Fits perfectly under the hoop on my Marlin bumper

I still need to get the mounts figured out but that will be very close to the final placement sans the zip ties.

Here are a couple of shots of my nearly completed transmission tunnel cover

The base that the above panel will mount on

Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #265

Dropped the truck off at Brave Motorsports yesterday.

My garage is so empty now
Old 04-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #267

They are installing the cage.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #268
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtacoma01 View Post

Here are a couple of shots of my nearly completed transmission tunnel cover

The base that the above panel will mount on

I like this. Pretty sweet
Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #269

Almost done

Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #270

Got the truck back. I'm very impressed with Daves work. Didn't put the grab handle on right now. They seemed like they would be in the way (of my head)in one spot. I need to get some bar padding for sure. He didn't tie the cage to the frame due to my Ghetto Fab sliders and some body mount interference. When I get some new sliders I will get them tied in then.

Here are a couple more pics

Old 04-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #271
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #273

I will possibly add a dash bar. A harness bar behind the seats will be added after I get my Corbeaus installed.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #274

Weather was awesome. Saturday was the mid 60's and breezy.

We hit some Pretty good stuff: Twister about 3 times, the backside where Jason flopped a few years ago. Going down JP Expressway was awesome. I got back at Whatever from last year with some guidance from Jason. Shake Rattle and Roll was good fun. Clydes Ravine was good as usual. Did all the regular stuff mainly. Saw an FJ break a tierod in Twister. I did the rock garden for the first time.

I won some 5/16 x 100 Firewire Synthetic winch line.

Carnage included my cell phone, a little body damage, A TC leak and driveline rattle.

Going to look at that stuff this week.

some pics

Rock Garden Pics

The rest of mine are on my camera at home

FJ that was stuck in twister

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Randy on Shake Rattle and Roll

Bob burping his tire

Rest of my pics

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/boo...y/Jambo%202013
Old 06-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #275

Pulled my rear third a while back

Found a lot of this

Got the rebuilt V6 3rd that I blew up 2 years ago cleaned up and installed a triple drilled pinion flange and double checked all the fasteners

Installed some new led's in the bed (with a lower profile) to replace the old skool halogens.

Blitzpro 6in bars

Still trying to find some time to get it all back together. Fingers crossed that the drivetrain noise goes away
Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #276

Started working on the red truck a little.

Blitzpro tube mounts for the Hawk21S led bar

I got my electronic flasher in from superbrightleds and used the Rob method (thanks) and made some short jumpers to get it plugged in on the driver side fuse panel

I also added 3/4" 2 led lights (on each side) to the front marker lights to replace my running lights and wired the existing running light as my blinker. They utilize the same plug so it was a simple swap between the 2 plugs to do so. I finished cleaning up the exterior wiring on the front bumper while I was at it.

I am still in the process of finishing up my Trans tunnel cover and added some heat/noise deadener (GT Mat)to the underside of the top panel.

I got a new set of Delrin frame bushings from Davez Offroad to replace my almost non-existent ones that in there now. I will tackle that this weekend along with installing a set of Sky's banana shackles that I have had for a while.

Thread on Pirate where I found them:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyot...-bushings.html

I also scored some free exhaust wrap from a co-worker that will hopefully reduce some of the cab floor temps.

I have a couple little projects to finish up including the rear axle re-assembly.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #277

Got the Exhaust wrapped from the collector to the front of the muffler

All new rear studs in the rear housing

I have also been working on this bed rack. I added 1.5x1.5x 1/4" aluminum angel to each end. the runners on the outside are 1.5" 6061 Al tubing. I need one more piece to put in the middle of the rack and then need to source something to use for a floor. I havent decided if the rack will go in the Tacoma or the Hilux or both. I need to figure that out.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #278

Finally got this 99% done. Just need to seal it up a little better by the twin sticks.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #279

Picked up my 3rd from Joe earlier this week after he had a look over it..

I had him check it out due to the fact I let a friend have my TC flange after he destroyed his rear end and after I put the new flange on It didn't feel right to me. So I sent it to the expert. He also threw in a tube of Toyota FIPG for the install.

I got the fresh 3rd member with the G2 5.29's and Detroit in and sealed up.

I painted both the rear calipers since I overlooked that when I did the rear disc brakes. Its not the best but it is better than rust.

I have a drivable truck now. Just need to add oil to the rear diff. I wanted to let the FIPG set over night.

I wanted to post this pic. I installed my rear driveshaft while the rear tires were still ever so slightly off the ground. This made the install a 1000 times easier due to the fact that you could rotate the DS (w/ the TC in Neutral) to get all the DS bolts tightened in an easy to reach position. I dont know why I never did that in the first place

Old 10-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #280

This weeks to do list:

Install front Delrin frame bushings
Install ARP hub studs
Check/service front hubs/axle

Then hopefully wheel/rinse/repeat!!