Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Boomtacoma's other build.... Little Red 85

Old 03-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #301
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring will be the final step. I am pretty sure I got it figured out.

Picked up the bed this afternoon. Did a little fitting and trimming and got it welded on. I have to say my little Hobart machine is a workhorse.

Everything went on easily since we cut the mounts off flush with the frame.

Now that the hard part is done, the little tedious chores begin.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #303
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got an older Handler 187. It was replaced by the 190. It was brand new and too good of a deal to pass up. If you can get a 220 machine do it.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #304

LEDs all wired up ready for final install. Didn't use any type of converter. Just spliced into the factory harness.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #305
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
This is a mean truck wish our old blue truck didn't burn in the shed fire same exact truck minus the armor, it was pretty much a grocery getter
Old 03-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #306

Finished up the rear lights and threw the tray on to see how I want to lay out the bed. I think eventually I want to elevate the spare above the bed with clearance to my totes and ice chest.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #307

Got tired of staring a my Corbeau Baja SS seats in my garage and decided to get them put in the truck. I used the Chassis Unlimited billet sliders on the driver side for some adjustability. May pick up another set for the passenger side in the future.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #310
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Any update pictures of the flatbed outside of your garage? I'd like to see a full side shot, etc in the open!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #311

As would I. Soon though. I have a few more things to finish. Mount a few lights, passenger seat, tool box, touch up some spots on the bed, rear license plate/light and finish attaching bed. I plan on getting most of that finished this week and drive it to work for the next couple weeks.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:03 AM   #312

Bed, bed lights, license plate and tool box are mounted. I also added 6 tie downs to the edges of the bed. Just need to clean up some wiring and get my harness bar installed and the red truck should be ready to go.

License plate is low but removable. I may change it up later but it makes me street legal now.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #313

Boomtacoma's other build.... Little Red 85

Drove it to work today. Probably drive it all next week as well.

Truck seems to have some pep in the highway now. Apparently the stock bed was a little heavier than the tube bed.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:32 AM   #314
cab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to all

Name: Corey
cab4you26's Tacoma Gallery
That bed looks great. I'm assuming it's locally made?
Old 04-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #315

Yep, a couple guys here locally (Shrockworks) made it for an 91 reg cab and by chance it fit on my 85.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #316
cab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to all

Name: Corey
cab4you26's Tacoma Gallery
Love it man, that bed is saweet!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:46 AM   #317

Got my harnesses affixed to the roll cage, rear 6x9's reinstalled and passenger seat intalled.

Waiting on my clevis mounts to show up and need to mount my antenna for my CB. Then pack up the red truck for Jambo.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:41 AM   #318

Burned my clevis mounts on last night and realized bed space is at a premium now. I need to organize it a tad better.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:42 AM   #319

Finally some wheeling pics

Finally got some wheeling in this past weekend. The 9th Annual Lonestar Toyota Jamboree. I initially wanted to trailer my rig up there but ended up making the 4hr trip each way to Barnwell Mountain on the highway loaded down. In my mind the truck did pretty well. On the Highway right at 17mpg. On the trail it I also was very happy with it. I had an engine problem which I thought was a faulty TPS sensor and ended up being a bad connection on the ingitor/coil assembly. I got that fixed and wheeled for the rest of the weekend.

My caravan

got to do a little FJ recovery for the second year in a row.

A little driveshaft carnage

I followed these guys around the first day and had a blast. Put my truck in some tougher situations than I normally would have.

Brandon in his F-Toy

Vince in his FJ40 buggy

Great weekend overall!!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #320

Should have some more wheeling pics this coming weekend. K2 should be a blast