Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Boomtacoma's other build.... Little Red 85

Old 07-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #42
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys Im still recovering from the river and the 16 - 18packs of Lonestar Light me, my dad and cousin killed

The only updates are:

I have a set of 35's to mount after I dismount the 33's that are on it now.

That should get done this week. My power disconnect and Blue seas fuse block are in as well. That will be done by the weeks end.

Oh, I scored an 34/78 PC1500 refurb Odyssey battery last thursday for (65 bucks) and got it mounted up. It is a little shorter than the previous one. Ill make a spacer to bring it up a little and it will be fine. But really 65 bucks you cant go wrong with that. Its only missing the sticker on top and the red top matches the engine accents. So Ill be holding off on the optima for a while.

I think my alternator is on the downhill slide though. With the new battery, It still shows a higher charge rate than expected. I'll probably do a the GM 1 wire upgrade fairly soon.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #43
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Clean that cold start inj. It by far was the easiest thing that I have done so far. Less than 10 min easy.

I need to get my 35's mounted so I can get Rob his tires. I am also kinda bummed a group of friends are going to hidden falls this weekend to wheel and I cant make it. I should have some good fender chopping pics soon though.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #44

In my above post 41 in the third pic there is a connection on the intake manifold beneath the "I" in "EFI". The rear bolt is a 12mm for the fuel line. Take it off first, the 2 bolts on the intake are 10 mm. 3 bolts total. You might have to bend the fuel line a little to get it out completely. I used some contact cleaner and cleaned it up really good and reassembled. Be careful of the small brass gasket on the fuel line bolt. Its easy to drop.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #45

Well I bit the bullet this morning and ordered a set of Longfields. Ill have to wait another month for my front bumper but thats fine with me.

Since I'll be diving into my front axle and have all new parts for it; seemed only logical to order the Longs. The new internals include: Longs Chromo Hub Gears, Longs knuckle ball wipers, knuckle rebuild kit from TG and now the Longfield 30 spline axles. The new externals include: TG knuckle gusset kit, Marlin axle truss, Marlin wheel spacers, Marlin HiSteer.........

Justifying the money for the axles was pretty easy considering they have a lifetime warranty.

I think it will work well
Old 07-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Great investment! Once I go bigger tires I'll be doing pretty much the same thing. I really don't want to bust a birf on the trail.. they are big enough pain to change in the garage.
My buddy Jason said Its like that Ronco cooker "set it and forget it"
thats kinda what sold me on them. Ill have a set of stockers for spares which hopefully I will never have to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotarob2005 View Post
Sounds pretty bullet proof. I can't wait to see this rig come together.
You and me both.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #48
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I really don't want to bust a birf on the trail.. they are big enough pain to change in the garage.
Are you familiar with the shortcuts?

If necessary drain the front diff, I use an ammo can to catch the oil. With a little care it can be reused in a pinch. If the axle can be jacked up high enough skip this step.

Remove the wheel/tire. Remove the brake caliper and zip tie or wire it up out of harms way. No need to add a broken brake line to your problems at this point.

Remove the 8 bolts that hold the backing plates on the felt wipers and pull the wipers/rubber gasket etc back out of the way.

Remove the six bolts that hold the selector into the locking hub.

Remove the snap ring that holds the Birfield in the hub.

Remove the four nuts on the steering arm, use a brass drift and BFH to remove the cone washers. Move the steering arm out of the way, no need to remove the TRE.

Now the whole knuckle and hub can be tilted forward and pulled off as one unit.

Assembly is the reverse.

By doing it this way you do not mess with your wheel bearing preload's.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #49
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah, I've read that and I did have the shortcut instructions printed out and stored in my Chilton guide I had in the back of the 4Runner.. but I spilled about 2 quarts of oil on everything and need to print it all back up.. just in case.
Quote:
I am running these TG "better than stock" Chromo's now.. hopefully they will last until I go bigger and buy the Longfields.
Sweet! Do the TG chromo's have that famous TG lifetime warranty?
Old 07-11-2010, 01:43 AM   #50
East Bound and Down

Quote:
Nope.. just one year against defects. But supposedly they are stronger than stock.. so they should hold up to a 22re, 33's and a locker. I hope <fingers crossed>
yep should do well with 33's
Old 07-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #51

Spent last night hammering down some pinch welds and removing the plastic inner fenders. Getting ready to mount my 35's tomorrow.

Rob your tires should be ready for delivery by the weekend.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #52

Got the 35's put on this morning.

I have a little rubbing but not too bad. This is only temporary for now anyways.
Suprisingly the truck still seems to accelerate at the same pace as with the 33's.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #54

Yep. Ended up getting those instead of the 35 in MTR's.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:07 AM   #55

Just by chance, I was talking to a wheeling buddy from TTORA last night and he is looking to get rid of his Marlin front bumper off his trail rig. He wants one with a little longer stinger on it.

So long story short, I am the proud new owner of a Marlin Tube bumper. Should be picking it up Sat morning.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #56

I hope the mounting holes line up since he has an 86 4 Runner.

If not I'll make it work Not trying to copy you too much Sean, but this was a deal I couldnt pass up
Old 07-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #57
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Build! I miss my trail rig, I used to have an '83 longbed with some mods...

Old 07-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #58

I think it will be pretty close.

With the money I saved there, I just ordered a set of Race Ace hood Louvres to keep the engine bay temps down

The Medium High flow semigloss black

http://www.raceace.com/products.html

My Longs will be here tomorrow
Old 07-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #59

Got some work done today Knuckle gussets, Top axle truss, steering stops reinforced, ring gear guards, 3/8" spacer in DS spring perch, and a Balistic Fab skull

Kinda Complete:

Longs:

Got my Marlin front winch bumper (winch to be put on this week I hope)
Old 07-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #60

It was a little tight but it worked. (That's what she said.)