Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Boomtacoma's other build.... Little Red 85

Old 05-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Boomtacoma's other build.... Little Red 85

Well I figured that I needed to start a build thread here for my newest money pit.

'85 E/C Truck with a 22-RE, R151F tranny, single 23 spline TC with 4.7's, Allpro TC skid, 33/10.5/15 BFG KM on FJ60 wheels, Marlin bumper......

I have been looking for a trail rig for a while since I was getting tired of tearing up my '09 Tacoma. I found this thing for a good price and picked it up at the end of February. I have always wanted an E/C 85 and that is exactly what I found.

Here are some pics....

The paint is a little faded, the body/interior is in decent shape with a tad bit of bondo/rust added into the mix. What can you expect from a 25 year old truck....Exactly. My little diamond in the rough with only 172K on the clock and fresh rebuilds of the tranny and engine Oh and 20MPG on the highway which is better than my 09.

So I have been planning this build way before I bought a truck so I new the route I wanted to follow:

37's, lots of Marlin Crawler goodies and geared LOW

I have been collecting parts since early March

So far I have collected and most importantly paid for:

Marlin HiSteer w/ steering links
Marlin 1.5" Wheel spacers
Marlin U-Bolt flipkits F/R
Toyota IFS steering box
Toyota IFS V-6 rear axle
Detroit Locker for the rear
Toyota HP front diff
LockRite for the front
5.29 G2 gears F/R
Marlin 14" shock hoops
Marlin front spring hanger and shackles
Marlin front axle gusset
TG front leaf packs
Sky's Offroad Rear 63" spring hanger kit
Chevy 63's for the rear
TG knuckle gusset kit
TG knuckle rebuild kit
Longfield Knuckle ball wipers
Longfield Chromo hub gears
Warn M8000 winch

There are only a couple more main items to buy:

front bumper (Addicted Off Road), sliders(4xInno), wheels and tires (?), Longfield 30 spline front axles, front and rear shocks (Bilsteins)

Anyways thats kinda what I have started so far with some cutting to come by the end of the month (or so)
Old 05-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

I hate you!

I want. Lol

Damn good looking rig
Old 05-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bad ass!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotarob2005 View Post
Nice truck man, looking forward to watching your build, Sounds like you have alot of plans for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

I hate you!

I want. Lol

Damn good looking rig
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
Bad ass!!!

Thanks

I will probably start some of the cosmetic touch ups over Memorial Day weekend. I need to relocate the liscense plate, repaint the rear bumper, paint the door mouldings and a couple other little things. Nothing major to interfere with the beer drinking at least over the holiday

Starting with chopping off those booty fab sliders that the PO tried to fab up
Old 05-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #7

Thanks Sean. Hopefully I get this rig going soon. I need to quit going to the bar as much as I do

In all seriousness, I need to step it up a little due to a possible transfer with work.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #8
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
aw man, looks really good Boom. me likey!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #9
redraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
redraider's Tacoma Gallery
tuning in
Old 05-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #10

My Sky"s Offroad stuff came in today.

Chevy 63" rear kit
2 Ring gear diff guards
3/8 in spacer for front axle
and rear shock hoop

Getting a little closer to some sparks flying
Old 05-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #12

Ill sell my black truck before this one and save $540 a month
Old 05-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
The list just keeps getting better!

do you have any ring gear diff guards yet Sean? The ones i just received from Skys are pretty pimp. You should check them out.

I just need my gears to get in so I can get to work on gearing my diffs.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #14

These are definately better than AP's. They look cooler also
Old 05-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #15

cant go wrong for 35 dollars.

Word on the street is if you buy that Yukon Grizzly locker and grenade the diff, Yukon will cover the damages up to 2 Grand. Sounds like a challenge to me!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:34 AM   #16
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtacoma01 View Post
cant go wrong for 35 dollars.

Word on the street is if you buy that Yukon Grizzly locker and grenade the diff, Yukon will cover the damages up to 2 Grand. Sounds like a challenge to me!
Hard to pass up.. I bet you couldn't break it..
Old 05-20-2010, 06:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSter0077 View Post
Hard to pass up.. I bet you couldn't break it..

You want to loan me some money for that Locker

I promise I will give it hell.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #19

I am getting back from Trinidad tomorrow! The red truck could be getting cut on by the weekend
Old 05-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #20

Unfortunately. Work brings me down here often!