LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Notices

Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Old 11-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #2221
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
I'd hardly call the 1st Gen market dwindling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
I think he's trying to say that there's obviously not anymore 1st Gen's being made, so the market right now is the limit, which means Tyler would have to be getting a fair amount of requests for it to be worth his time to start making designs, putting plans in the computer, pricing, manpower, etc.

Matt
^ This is all I meant. Sorry if anyone took offence I was just discussing the topic (Sorry for thread jack). There is clearly still a demand for them. I have no idea what the actual market is like. Perhaps your contradictions to my point will help push Pelfreybilt into the 1st gen world.

Wikipedia:There were 768,325 Tacomas sold in the US between 2000-2004.

Even if only 1% want armor that is 7,683 potential customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Maybe. But just because new aren't being made doesn't mean people aren't modding them. At least around here, Folks tend to have more modded older vehicles while there (anecdotally) appear to be more stock current models. One of the reasons I got a 1st gen instead of a 2nd was so i could afford to mod it. I don't think the market for 1st gen armor is slowing down anytime soon.

All that being said, having a niche, for a specific vehicle / model years isn't a bad thing. Bummed it doesn't include mine, but it is what it is

That is a good point. I guess I didn't really think about the fact that older vehicles tend to get modded more.

I was just throwing my opinion out there, which has now shifted a bit. We all know how the internet needs more of those.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #2222
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dented my rear bumper, out wheeling this weekend. Time to upgrade!

Any sales coming up? Black Friday? I'm drooling over the HC Rear and Rear shock relocation kit!

Sorry for being a buzzkill on the thread regarding the first gens.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #2223
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Dented my rear bumper, out wheeling this weekend. Time to upgrade!

Any sales coming up? Black Friday? I'm drooling over the HC Rear and Rear shock relocation kit!

No worries at all on the previous comments, I fully understood the logic and reasoning.

As for sales, nope, sorry. It will be a while before we do any more sales or promotions. I am trying to keep things on a smooth even keel for now and lead times reasonable and neither of those are manageable with sales. We would get overloaded with a sale at our current capacity and I am afraid lead times and possibly quality would suffer. I would rather have less jobs and be sure they are don't correctly in a timely manner. If we ramp up after the end of the year I may consider it then.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #2224
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The only buzzkill I received was from looking at Pelfreybilt's website and only seeing 2nd Gen armor being built

...but I'm glad to know someone else out there makes a real nice looking product for you 2nd Gen guys! I'll keep that in mind when I get my 2nd Gen on the 2nd Tuesday of next week!!

Old 11-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #2225
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I get my 2nd Gen on the 2nd Tuesday of next week!!
Really?? If true, congrats, that's awesome
Old 11-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #2226
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
The only buzzkill I received was from looking at Pelfreybilt's website and only seeing 2nd Gen armor being built

...but I'm glad to know someone else out there makes a real nice looking product for you 2nd Gen guys! I'll keep that in mind when I get my 2nd Gen on the 2nd Tuesday of next week!!

Sweet! ...Wait when is the 2nd tuesday of next week? Do you mean wednesday?
Old 11-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #2227
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Tyler, Did you get to the Tucson area wheeling trip last weekend?
Old 11-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #2228
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Tyler, Did you get to the Tucson area wheeling trip last weekend?

I did, had a great time. Its actually off the 87 N/E of Scottsdale. (Log Corral Trail) Trail was much easier than expected, a lot of "fill in" happened recently making it nearly 2WD friendly. Its the kind of area that can go from impassable to piece of cake or vise-versa in one good storm. Did get to meet a lot of great guys and really enjoyed myself. Great scenery, caught some fish, breathed some clean air.
I'll be back out in Tuscon in a couple weeks for a few days, doing not fun stuff so I ordered up some nice Katskin leather seats that will be installed while I am in town so that makes the trip more enjoyable.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #2229
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ sounds good! glad you had a good time. ^^^
Old 11-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #2230
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Really?? If true, congrats, that's awesome
Quote:
Sweet! ...Wait when is the 2nd tuesday of next week? Do you mean wednesday?
No 2nd Tuesday of next week, as in it's not happening. 1st Gen FTW!
Bazinga!

but contrary to what my Dad thinks, I believe the 2nd Gens look badass
Old 11-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #2232
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Sliders with two piece kickout are not going to be offered anymore. We are going to a smoother tapered design. Here is a screen shot of the new style to replace the old kickout design.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #2233
stihlfoursix_0 has a spectacular aura aboutstihlfoursix_0 has a spectacular aura about
stihlfoursix_0's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Tyler! Rad design as always...I'll grab a set of these with my rear bumper when I get back
Old 11-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #2234
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
What's the reason for going with the tapered design?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #2235
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Sliders with two piece kickout are not going to be offered anymore. We are going to a smoother tapered design. Here is a screen shot of the new style to replace the old kickout design.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #2236
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

The 2 piece design is trademarked, I recently learned this so I am changing the design to avoid stepping on any toes. Decided if I was going to change it I would improve it, the smoother taper won't hang up as much as the old 2 piece design and still flows well with the body line because of the angles. Sliders aren't meant to be sexy but mind as well look good while they do their work.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #2237
Beer
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Really? Who holds the trademark?
Old 11-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #2238
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Metal tech holds the trademark. Thy spent the money to do it right and legally so it should be respected. They hold the trademark for all vehicles, not just Tacomas.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #2239
Beer
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Very interesting. Thanks for the info
Old 11-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #2240
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
After seeing a few other aftermarket bumpers this year, I've noticed most have a bumper to frame reinforcement bracket. Any particular reason you didn't incorporate one? Seems liked it would be a wise idea to have one for winching.

Products Discussed in this Thread