LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Notices

Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Old 02-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #2461
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
maybe bumpers come with a shirt????
Old 02-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #2462
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
Any thoughts on strengthening up the rear bed posts? I'm do for an R&R, thanks to the rollover, and it occurred to me it might be possible to replace the OE stamped sheet metal support post with something substantially more robust, with the end goal of preventing bed spread (weight up high, like a cargo rack in a shell). And of course you were the one I first though about doing it!
Old 02-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #2463
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach375 View Post
Any thoughts on strengthening up the rear bed posts? I'm do for an R&R, thanks to the rollover, and it occurred to me it might be possible to replace the OE stamped sheet metal support post with something substantially more robust, with the end goal of preventing bed spread (weight up high, like a cargo rack in a shell). And of course you were the one I first though about doing it!

Is yours spread from shell or cargo rack? Seems the load should be applying force straight down rather than spreading unless the shell or rack is flexing from weight in the center and transferring that to the bed. Since the bed structure is composite it should not flex outward and not just flex right back. Steel may flex and stay. Correct me if I'm wrong, just thinking out loud.
This sounds like a repair or one off type of modification rather than a production type of product. This is the first I have heard of this issue.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #2464
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
Well, a couple of things.
A while back when I was inquiring around about a lumber rack (no longer headed that route), all the places I called said they try to avoid making or recommending them for 2nd gen Tacomas because of the high number of customers whose trucks' beds spread. That made sense to me when I took a look at the construction of our composite beds compared to the standard metal beds.
As for my truck, well, the rollover may have done a good job at tweaking my post rather thoroughly. I see two tears in my driver side post, one top and one bottom. I haven't taken things apart to see the extent of damage, but I suspect the post may need replacing.
As for weight in the center and flexing, yes, I would say that is quite likely for me. I have a fiberglass shell, and I regularly carry (or rather, carried......the shell has been off since the rollover) a few hundred pounds of fuel, tools, and equipment on the cargo rack bolted to the shell roof. Even when empty, my HiLift, maul, shovel, fire extinguisher, and ten gallons of fuel were always on it. Plenty of offroad excursions (~40% of my truck's mileage) with the usual bumps. So yeah, weight, flex, you name it.
I haven't really noticed spread until after the rollover, and by then it may have been caused by that. Either way, it needs some attention, and I'd be interested in whether you could do it, and a rough ballpark on what it might cost.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #2465
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
embroidered knit polo?
Old 02-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #2470
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post

mad props to you guys!

Thanks for everything Phil
Old 02-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #2472
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post
no problem Tyler! sig looks great, i look forward to seeing stickers and t shirts!

and photos from this weekends upcoming event!

Unfortunately the tshirts were ordered before the new logo so that will be the next run of shirts. Shirts still look good tho.
Working on sticker order with new logo now.
This weekend is going to be a muddy mess and a ton of fun, stay tuned
Old 02-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #2474
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Uh I live under a rock, what's going on this weekend?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #2476
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
thanks! I was thinking of heading down for the day anyway. If it's not poring I might make it out.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #2477
CQB 1911 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
CQB 1911's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a picture showing how the front plate bumpers bolt to the frame. All I see on the web site is the us of the existing factory bumper studs that aren't to stout.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #2478
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Original studs along with a new frame mount gusset.
Attached Thumbnails
Pelfreybilt Off-Road-image.jpg  
Old 02-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #2480
CQB 1911 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
CQB 1911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Original studs along with a new frame mount gusset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Below is a pic of the bracket that attaches to the swaybar mount bolts and then another bolt that goes thru the front of the bracket thru the frame and into the bumper.

Thanks! This is a big deciding factor choosing a bumper for me and none of the fab shops have pics like that.

Products Discussed in this Thread