LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Notices

Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Old 03-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #1301
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Pelfrey family got a new bird dog. She already retrieves near perfect. Lot of training to do still but she should be in pretty good form toward the end of next ducks season

Congrats on the new dog. My family has a chocolate lab and he is a great upland and waterfowl dog. He is 10 years old now so we only take him on a easy ones.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #1302
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build!!

Question, how is the air hose holding up? I was going to go the same route but was thinking of using plastic tubing bc of durability. Thought?

Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #1303
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Awesome build!!

Question, how is the air hose holding up? I was going to go the same route but was thinking of using plastic tubing bc of durability. Thought?

So far so good. The aircraft ducting is very durable. I do keep a close eye on it and so far no wear at all. It's important to inspect regularly, not so much for the engine side but if you start to take in moisture or debris and it makes its way into the cab side its right where all the brains for the motor are located. Something to keep in mind.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #1304
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So far so good. The aircraft ducting is very durable. I do keep a close eye on it and so far no wear at all. It's important to inspect regularly, not so much for the engine side but if you start to take in moisture or debris and it makes its way into the cab side its right where all the brains for the motor are located. Something to keep in mind.
What is that? Can I get a link to what is going on here?

Edit: Followed link from quote arrow thing. Very interesting solution.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #1305
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good to know. I'm in contact with wicked 2007 also, he's going to give me a parts list so I can get on it soon too.

Thanks for your write up!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #1306
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
What is that? Can I get a link to what is going on here?

Edit: Followed link from quote arrow thing. Very interesting solution.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...f-road-34.html

Here is the page of where I did it. I stole the idea from Wicked 2007. Works great but is a little loud at times. Here you can listen for yourself, this is muffled because the go pro is in a sealed case.

http://youtu.be/4y6Tt_1dYJs
Old 03-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #1307
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Well, bumper and skid plate on. The body shop that did my installation had a few things to say about it:

• They had only done a custom bumper for a Xtarra before mine, it was a big pain, heavy and massive. Took lots of adjustment.
  • They bid my job for 5 hours
  • Because they had little experience with the electrical did no wire work because of the on-board computers.
  • The bumper felt good when they loaded it and thought it was perfect for my size truck.
  • The craftsmanship was spot on
  • With the shop equipment and racks they have, the bumper went on in less than 1.5 hours (including removal of the original equipment)
  • After installation, they did some touch up on the powder coat where there were some scrapes from shipping
  • The owner of the shop decided he is getting rid of his new 4 Runner and getting a Tacoma, because of all the modifications that can be done.
  • Both them and I are VERY happy with how it turned out.
I will get more pics in better lighting this weekend

Old 03-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #1308
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
^ Looking good man! I dig that style of hoop.

If you still haven't wired up those fogs you shouldn't really worry about it. If you can splice wires you can install these. it's very simple.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #1309
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBCa View Post
Well, bumper and skid plate on. The body shop that did my installation had a few things to say about it:

• They had only done a custom bumper for a Xtarra before mine, it was a big pain, heavy and massive. Took lots of adjustment.
  • They bid my job for 5 hours
  • Because they had little experience with the electrical did no wire work because of the on-board computers.
  • The bumper felt good when they loaded it and thought it was perfect for my size truck.
  • The craftsmanship was spot on
  • With the shop equipment and racks they have, the bumper went on in less than 1.5 hours (including removal of the original equipment)
  • After installation, they did some touch up on the powder coat where there were some scrapes from shipping
  • The owner of the shop decided he is getting rid of his new 4 Runner and getting a Tacoma, because of all the modifications that can be done.
  • Both them and I are VERY happy with how it turned out.
I will get more pics in better lighting this weekend

That is excellent Jim. I am thrilled you like it.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #1310
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

05-11 tacked in. Fits great, went flat top design to clear the LED bar if that option is desired.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #1311
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
^boner material!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #1312
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
^ Looking good man! I dig that style of hoop.

If you still haven't wired up those fogs you shouldn't really worry about it. If you can splice wires you can install these. it's very simple.
Thank you, Yes I do love this style. You don't even notice it, everything blends and flows with the lines of the front end.

Yep, gonna splice them up in the morning, and read the instructions on the winch as I am not sure about that one, but if I can rebuild a Ford 8N tractor, I can figure it out. Just that I don't get up/down quite as easy as i used to.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #1313
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Eyeballing the different hc rear bumpers available and one question I have on yours is, does it have a fender support so it's not flopping around in the wind?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #1314
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Eyeballing the different hc rear bumpers available and one question I have on yours is, does it have a fender support so it's not flopping around in the wind?

Sure does!

Old 03-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #1315
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #1317
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
05-11 tacked in. Fits great, went flat top design to clear the LED bar if that option is desired.

ahhhh yyeeaaaaahh! sign me up!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #1318
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
Sure does!

BAWSE
Old 04-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #1319
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Now that you have tackled my first gen front bumper, I am looking to redo the rear with a cut out in the bed and a drop out for 2 flat spares.

Nick got that idea in my head.

I want to keep it as flush and high clearance as possible.

Products Discussed in this Thread