Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Notices

Pelfreybilt- Suggestions, Likes, Dislikes, Feedback +/-

Old 02-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #21
VTTACOMA is on a distinguished road

Name: Benj
VTTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
A+ service and products!! Just got the front bumper about 2 weeks ago it was near perfect!! Fit was spot on, finish and welds look amazing. Rear bumper on order can not wait to see it!
Lead times are a little long but what do you expect when you are buying a custom hand made piece? I can say 100% the product is worth the wait!
Thanks again!!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #22
Grumpy514 is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil
Grumpy514's Tacoma Gallery
Any plans for 12-14' front bumper group buys? I saw you had a 05-11 last year.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #23
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Gas tank skid
Old 02-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #24
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Dislikes?
Lead times are nothing compared to some fabricators. If you had bolt on sliders, I would have them on my truck too.
I've been waiting for 8 months for my beef sliders...
Old 02-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #25
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Gas tank skid
Need this!
Old 02-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #26
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I've been waiting for 8 months for my beef sliders...
I can speak on Brian's work, it will be impeccable and exceed expectations.

Tyler, if you had some 5-lug specific parts, that would be killer.
Like skid plates, LCA skids, maybe some low-profile sliders.
5-luggers and single cab 6-luggers have a 4 cylinder, so weight considerations are what keeps me from buying heavy steel bumpers and things.

I know you don't really do aluminum, it weakens when welded, but if there were more aluminum products available, I'd be more inclined to buy products like that.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #27
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Gas tank skid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Need this!
Been trying to get this rolling for a while, I will get back on it.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #28
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy514 View Post
Any plans for 12-14' front bumper group buys? I saw you had a 05-11 last year.
Once we get caught up and lead times back where they belong that is the intention.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #29
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
Two things.

1) HC rear bumper: A bit more slope along the sides, not so much a fan of the straight cut......probably more of just personal taste, so once I pull the trigger there I'll probably just have you one-off me a custom version. Also, FRENCH DOOR STYLE/DUAL SWING-OUTS!

2) Rear corner reinforcements for the bed. With our beds not being 100% metal, there is a tendency for the corners to spread when weight is added up high (like a cargo rack on a camper shell). And now that I'm in need of some work on one corner (rollover damage), I'm realizing an opportunity to significantly strengthen a weak point on our trucks. I'm thinking approach it from the inside, meaning some disassembly would be required; tie it into the frame, with a robust gusset the full length......maybe make one continuous piece corner-to-corner, kinda like the stock one. And you were the first person that came to mind to do it!

Oh, and yeah. x3 on the gas tank skid. Also, rear diff skid.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #31
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
I am annoyed that it isn't mentioned on the website that you have to drill into the frame to mount the T-case skid. If I had known that I wouldn't have bought it, now I'm gonna be selling it.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #32
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBrah View Post
I am annoyed that it isn't mentioned on the website that you have to drill into the frame to mount the T-case skid. If I had known that I wouldn't have bought it, now I'm gonna be selling it.
I'll take it!
Old 05-22-2014, 07:22 AM   #33
crux is on a distinguished road
crux's Tacoma Gallery
For starters I think you guys make cool products. Currently stock and have no plans of upgrading at this time. With unlimited funds I would like to lift / level the truck to the Baja ride height, add bumpers and recovery gear for self and others, slightly larger tires, integrated light bar and fliptop tent.

From an engineering aspect I like the tube bumpers from a structural standpoint, but from an cosmetic standpoint on a new vehicle they are not my favorite. I would like to see a tube bumper with bolt on panels. The bolt on panels could be made of a thinner gauge or even aluminum for weight savings completing the plate bumper. If a client damages a panel then it could be replaced. From a manufacturing stand point it could reduce costs and lead times with a jig.

One criteria that is a must, the aftermarket bumper can not extend out further than OEM. Currently the truck clears the garage by 1.2" so I would be sensitive to bumper overhang. If it is shorter that would be a plus.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #34
Hockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to all
Name: Kaleb
Hockeyman90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
You have no 1st gen products besides sliders.
This^^ Would love to see a 1st gen lineup, especially your front bumpers. I love the looks of your bumpers on second gens and would love to see one for a 1st gen.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #35
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Ok Tyler, here is my issues and solutions to your fine relocation kit.
First the holes for the shock didn't line up. This was fixed with a relief hole.
Pelfreybilt- Suggestions, Likes, Dislikes, Feedback +/--img_20140604_171938.jpg
Pelfreybilt- Suggestions, Likes, Dislikes, Feedback +/--img_20140604_172032.jpg

Also your kit wouldn't fit 14" shocks in my application.
I am sorry I had to do this to your kit. Extended the front by 6" and the rear by 3" on the hoop. I also flipped the bumpstop bracket upside down to allow a more centered bump mount.
Pelfreybilt- Suggestions, Likes, Dislikes, Feedback +/--img_20140603_172237.jpg
Pelfreybilt- Suggestions, Likes, Dislikes, Feedback +/--img_20140605_203737.jpg

It was a very nice product and we'll put together. The black and white instruction manual was quite a pain to look at.... come on its 2014 everyone has a colour printer.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #36
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bump
Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #37
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Ahh. Thanks for the bump, didn't see the post.
Did you get a 14" shock in there? You extended the hoop too? How's the clearance on the bed and tire?
It's designed for a 12" but if you made that work that's awesome.
I see where the radflo shock top is a bit bigger, I'll have to make adjustments for future orders in case people go the radflo route.
Is that a 2.5" shock as well?
Looks great, hats off to ya for all the extra work to make it "you're own"
Sorry about the instructions not being in color, just a setting I can change,
Lol.
Thanks again for the order.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #38
VA6DCO

The hoops themselves fit so perfectly in the tire well I almost threw up. Lol. But I mounted the resi's on the top of the hoop which killed the clearance. I had to cut about a 9" x 12" hole at the base of the tire well. If I had realized this before hand I would had mounted them in another location. (I actually figured I was going to cut out the entire well)
I went with the 2.5s.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #39
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Tyler,

Any thoughts in adding a "crossmember" or "support" for the trans skid? Mines getting pretty flat.
Attached Thumbnails
Pelfreybilt- Suggestions, Likes, Dislikes, Feedback +/--image.jpg  
Old 07-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #40
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Tyler,

Any thoughts in adding a "crossmember" or "support" for the trans skid? Mines getting pretty flat.
Yes, I have noticed that after some time they are flattening out a bit. I am considering adding gussets at the bend for additional strength.
I have only seen a couple cases where they do this, it takes some work but if you hammer on em hard enough they do flatten some.

I'll put a little more time into the gussets and get them cut. If you have access to a welder and would like to add them I'll send them to you.