Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

more HP

Old 06-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
ARBman is on a distinguished road
Name: jobro
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
more HP

hey guys just got a tacoma and it has a 3'' inch lift and is lacking on lowend hp or torque what can i do to improve the lowend HP problem
Old 06-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Re gear.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
that would kill it in top end
Old 06-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
x2^^ supercharger
Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
x3
Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
super charging would be way over my price range . i come for a motorcycle back ground so the first thing i thought was intake and air flow and thats not much money what could i do with that
Old 06-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
intake and exhaust wont do anyting other than lose bottom end. the only way for better low end power is re gear or supercharger.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #8
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
doubt u would gain much...........but its def cheaper.
He will gain sound.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
He will gain sound.
x2 my k&n sure does make it sound like Im going fast
Old 06-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #10

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
x2 my k&n sure does make it sound like Im going fast
Mmmmm..Butt dyno.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #11
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How much faster and how much more power do you really need! These trucks perform very well the way they were built! What the hell you trying to pull? a 27foot travel trailer? C'mon. Ive got 3" lift and no regear or engine mods and my truck has all the power needed to pull and to pass! Unless your in a 4banger?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARBman View Post
that would kill it in top end
Not really. If you dont over gear too much, your top end will be fine. The RPM's will be higher at a set cruising speed than they are now, but re gearing is the most effective way to bring back low end performance.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #13
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
you have a truck, not a racecar
Old 06-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #14
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
ya i know i don't need top end but its nice to have it .So cold air intakes dont do much
Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

eh, mine sounds awesome and imo i feel a tiny improvement, but some say it's all in the head. headers may be a good choice
Old 06-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #16
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
could i get the header and keep the stock pie otherwise i mean i wont the noise of the motor and the massive power of the V6 lol. If i did buy cold air intake for power what would i need to get
Old 06-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #17
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
whats a good header for more hp
Old 06-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARBman View Post
If i did buy cold air intake for power what would i need to get
come on bud...

http://tinyurl.com/3y89vbd

there are reviews all over this board of nearly every make of intake and header
Old 06-30-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
well posting it and seeing what u guys think in a coupple post is alot easer then going to google and searching the hole damn thing
Old 06-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #20

alright...

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...6a736b0aca6bab