LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

deck plate mod question

Old 07-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
deck plate mod question

i have a 2.7l and was thinking of doing the deck plate modification...when researching it some people say it make their truck exhaust louder. Is this true? i dont really want my truck any louder, i have a flowmaster muffler already and i am happy with it, now i would mind if it made it sound a little deeper...
Old 07-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Misconception. It will give the intake a bit of a louder sound on the intake, kind of like a deep whoosh sound.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
The nice thing about the deck plate mod is you can return it to stock just by placing the plate back in if you don't like the sound.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Cmack has this done to his truck and it does make it a lil louder in the cab...not so much on the outside...
Old 07-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
ARBman is on a distinguished road
Name: jobro
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
u still have a enclosed box unlike the opens witch are louder
Old 07-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't notice too much more noise until I took the silencer out. I like it though, when you mash it at about 3000 RPMS it sounds mean.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What's the silencer? Do u still notice a sound difference with the silencer in?
Old 07-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinclm View Post
What's the silencer? Do u still notice a sound difference with the silencer in?
A intake silencer is to quite down the intake sound. Thats it. You can tape them off and it will make the intake alot louder (it did on my 3.4l) and you can also do the deckplate with the silencers taped off and it sounds mean! And my butt dyno noticed a good gain! Suppose to be around 5-7 hp gain.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #9

Where are the silencers?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
would it still sound mean with the silencer in
Old 07-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
i think Chris said somewhere that if you cover the silencers with the deck plate mod you will see a 2-3 hp gain
Old 07-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
i think Chris said somewhere that if you cover the silencers with the deck plate mod you will see a 2-3 hp gain
I thought he said you would lose 2-3 hP if you covered the silencers...could be wrong though. Either way, I left my silencers as is.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #13

Where are the silencers located?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #14
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
dose yours still sound good with them still in
Old 07-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #15
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I thought he said you would lose 2-3 hP if you covered the silencers...could be wrong though. Either way, I left my silencers as is.
hmm idk but i left mine in as well
Old 07-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #16
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
dose iy sound differnt than the stock box
Old 07-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #17
You're my boy blue

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
with just the deck plate there is a deeper and louder intake sound
Old 07-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #18
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
when i was at advanced i priced a K&N filter to go with my deckplate mod and it was $67.99 i was like damn i will be back on pay day lol
Old 07-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #19
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
i have decided not to use the screws just the sealant how long do i need to let the sealant set up before i put it back in the truck
Old 07-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #20
You're my boy blue

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
are you using sensor safe sealant? 24 hours just to be safe

Products Discussed in this Thread