Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Flowmaster American Thunder dual exhaust

Old 07-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
WillysTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Willy
WillysTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster American Thunder dual exhaust

Someone once told me its not a true dual exhaust, is this true?

if so whats a good dual exhaust?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
If you are thinking about getting the american thunder you may want to consider going with wicked flow instead. the wicked flow is deeper and better sounding in my opinion
Old 07-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The American Thunder dual kit is a bolt-on kit. Single muffler, single pipe in, dual pipes out.
I have the kit on my truck (50 muffler).

If you want a true dual exhaust setup, you have to go to a shop and have custom pipes bent up.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
CHRIS Y is on a distinguished road
Army: 63w
CHRIS Y's Tacoma Gallery
Pros:
For the money you pay its not a bad system. It took me about 11/2 hrs to install and knock on wood no leaks.

Cons:
I hv a knocking snd from the ext.tip hitting the leaf spring mount, but its not to bad.

I might hv to weld it. Does anyone hv a btr idea.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS Y View Post
Cons:
I hv a knocking snd from the ext.tip hitting the leaf spring mount, but its not to bad.

The knocking sound is probably from clearance issues. It does sit close to the leaf springs, but you can 'bend' things a bit to make more clearance (I had to).
Mine was spot welded - the system was already installed and its harder to install the entire circumfrance of the tubing.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS Y View Post
Pros:
For the money you pay its not a bad system. It took me about 11/2 hrs to install and knock on wood no leaks.

Cons:

welcome to the forums, but I have to ask, it is really necessary to abbreviate almost every word? hv = have, btr = better, snd = sound

not used to a keyboard and only phone texting.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
SpeedBlueTaco0502 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
SpeedBlueTaco0502's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedBlueTaco0502
CHRIS Y never returned! LOL