Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

**2rz Drag car build**

Old 07-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
Sant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: SSGT
Sant0s's Tacoma Gallery
**2rz Drag car build**

Well let me first by introducing myself, my name is Santos from good ol SOCAL.
my father and I have been racing all our lives and him longer then me of course.
I grew up with all the old school datsun and toyotas. We raced at terminal island back int he days with the 73 corolla with a built 3tc and after over 10 years of running at the track we finally went into the 9's in the 1/4 mile with our 3tc set up.
we parted the car and sold it after years of dialing in.
we got a new platform to build on a 1983 Toyota Corolla, stock comes with a 4 link but everything else is plain jane lame. So we took the drive after 20+ years on a motor to try a new motor the Tacoma 2RZ!!!!
I personally did over 50% of the fabrication on this project and hope to push my dad into the 8 second barrier with a almost complete street chassis car.
we picked up the car Feb2009 and here is our progress till today

Specs:
1983 Toyota Corolla
4 port 2RZ
Arias Pistons
Pauter Rods
springs/retainers
Stainless Steel valves
Turbonetic T76 Super thumber T4
Gato intake manifold
Mustang 85mm TB
Arp Head studs
quarter Master 7.25 twin disc
Custom under hood fuel cell
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
-10 fuel lines
modified AE86 radiator
sutom motor mounts
full cage
subfame connectors
ford 9" rear end
strange 4.11 3rd member
QA1 rear coil overs
Ksport front coilovers with AE86 struts
Haltech platium 2000 standalone ECU
G-force 2000 sequential 5speed trans
Champion wheels
26x8.5 M&H slicks
Moroso 23.5 front runners
there are tons more but you get the point.
we are looking around 700WHP and 8 second time slips

Day we pick her up

test fitting wheel set up

rear end set up came in for me to start fabbing

front suspension

rear suspension

i welded up the reenforment backing for the 9"

me on my daily grind job... LOL

turbonetics super thumber T76.... thats a 19" rims its in front of... LOL

Gato intake

rods

fitting the 9" and my custom 4 links

me mocking up the rear

diff done

doing the cage

quatermaster twin disc

turbo mani

HELLO......

StandAlone ECU
Old 07-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
Sant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sant0s's Tacoma Gallery
specing pistons adn rods

bottom end complete

motor complete and ready to go in

all in...

little by little

welding a elbow on the turbine

intercooler piping done

again making the 4" downpipe

all done

boost controller

had to move her from my dads place to mine for some more work so it was hooked up to my TACO

more chassis work complete....

aluminum drive shaft

Trans tunnel

here we are on the base map start up

within a month or 2 we should have the bugs out and hitting the dyno....
Old 07-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice project!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
damn dude nice work!!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #6
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Puertorican???

Very freaking nice punto ocho
Old 07-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
Sant0s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
Puertorican???

Very freaking nice punto ocho
Thx we love the. 8 n loving the rz. So far...we did a lot with the 3tc but. It was time for a new venture
Old 07-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #10
Htnswches is on a distinguished road

Name: E
Htnswches's Tacoma Gallery
Aaahhh yeah the days of "Brotherhood Raceway", I remember blowing up my RX-7 there...It's awesome to see old school Toyotas and Datsuns pull numbers like that. Nice build!!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #11
Sant0s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htnswches View Post
Aaahhh yeah the days of "Brotherhood Raceway", I remember blowing up my RX-7 there...It's awesome to see old school Toyotas and Datsuns pull numbers like that. Nice build!!

oh ya running for hot dogs, i miss those days as a kid and now tracks are closing left and right. sometimes i feel like not finishing my personal car and taking on a new hobby because theres no place to run..
Old 07-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #12
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kevin
dwntwnall4u's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice. That's going to be one fun running the 1/4 mile. Can't wait for more updates.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
awesome!
Old 07-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #14
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bet the deck plate would push you into the 8s...
Old 07-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #15
ARBman is on a distinguished road
Name: jobro
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
dam dude that's some mad skill
Old 07-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #16
j0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

j0sh's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, but when I first saw the car I had doubts. That thing is freakin awesome! Can't wait for vids and a 1/4 time
Old 07-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #17
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #18
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Suh-wheet! I'm more of a Chevy V8 guy with my race cars, but that is really nice.

Tim
Old 07-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #19
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Bad-Ass!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #20
JudeLeBlanc is on a distinguished road
JudeLeBlanc's Tacoma Gallery
think that little car will hook up?, if it does it will be one hell of a ride