help with deck plate mod

Old 07-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
ARBman is on a distinguished road
Name: jobro
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
help with deck plate mod

ok i'm doing the mod now how do i cover up the first silencer plz hepl
Old 07-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
mnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Michael
mnudo200827's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARBman View Post
ok i'm doing the mod now how do i cover up the first silencer plz hepl
tape
Old 07-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
What does the deckplate mod have to do with the silencer? The deckplate mod alters the air box and the silencer is on the intake tube.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
but if i take the silencer out it will help right
Old 07-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Help with what?
Old 07-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
more air flow and the air wont be slowded down right
Old 07-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
bite me

No, not really, the deckplate mod will take care of that. The ISR mod will be negligible in terms of the air being slowed down or not.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
but it would help if i took off the first silencer and taped over it right
Old 07-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #9
bite me

No, not really, the deckplate mod will take care of that.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #10
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
lets take this down to 1 grade terms the more air that can get to the motor not slowed down is better the deck plate mod gets more air in but it dose not do much to get the air smoothly threw the intake PIPE and the silencer slows the air down which is not good
Old 07-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #11
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Why are you screwing with the silencers??? Not necessary...

More info if you need it.
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=85
Old 07-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
bite me

I'm telling you that by deleting the silencer is NOT going to make much of a difference. If you're that concerned about the air being slowed down by the intake tube then spend about $100 and get one of these, the Airaid modular intake tube:

Old 07-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
ok well thanks for the help guys
Old 07-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #14
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
lol you're hilarious arbman
Old 07-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #15
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
No, not really, the deckplate mod will take care of that.
repped ... you make my work night so worth it lol
Old 07-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
repped ... you make my work night so worth it lol
Glad I could make your night