Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD Boost Gauge Calibration?

Old 07-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Boost Gauge Calibration?

Is it possible to calibrate or adjust the face on the TRD boost gauge? Its essentially an Autometer mechanical boost gauge. At rest, it reads a half tick below 0 and I'd like to get the needle centered.

There's two screws on the back but I'm hesitant to open it up without knowing what the guts look like.

-Thanks!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Reign in Blood
GodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: F-15 Crew Chief
Name: Satan
GodHatesUsAll's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I'm about to buy one used and I noticed it reads -1 when off. I'm wondering the same thing? Can it be adjusted or is it phucked?
Old 07-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodHatesUsAll View Post
Damn I'm about to buy one used and I noticed it reads -1 when off. I'm wondering the same thing? Can it be adjusted or is it phucked?
If no one chimes in here I'll probably take the dive and try it. I'm OCD like that about little things like this. The boost gauge appears accurate. When I count in the half point that its off, it reads 6psi which is exactly what the TRD S/C is supposed to be outputting.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
pressure gauges are usually a bourdon-tube- there may be an adjustment screw to zero it out as there is on a regular bourdon-tube pressure gauge.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
Reign in Blood
GodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: F-15 Crew Chief
Name: Satan
GodHatesUsAll's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know what happens. I currently have a digital boost gauge in my truck and can keep it installed to see if the TRD one is accurate or not. I know my vac is 18-20 at idle and I know my peak boost is 8psi. These gauges are rare and I may just take the plunge.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
Thanks Bradley! This definitely looks like something I want to be careful not to muck up. I don't think there'll be any harm in unscrewing it and removing the case to take a peek.
You're welcome! It's ancient, dirt-simple technology, I would just avoid touching the actual tube in fear of bending it.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
Firetech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ralph
Firetech's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have a calibrated guage to compare it with don't try to adjust it. Guages are tested up and down the scale. if it is off the same margin it may be adjustable. if not they need to be replaced.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Thats how the gauge is. I had a white in my 04 and black faced in my 07 and they were both like that. If you tap on the face with your finger it will go to zero.