Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

bought a cai

Old 07-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
bought a cai

ok so i just bought a k&n cai and i am waiting to pick it up later today. just wondering if anyone has tips for install. Also I priced out a magnaflow exhaust with 2.5 tubing. it was $490. this a good price or do i just get the muffler itself?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
IMO you should have done the deck plate mod instead of buy the CAI, and for the exhaust you could just go with the muffler and save $400.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
ARBman is on a distinguished road
Name: jobro
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
ya i would like to have a muffler but i dont wont a loud anoying one i just wont a good rumbel just like i have a lot of HP you know what i mean, what would be a good one for that and not to pricey
Old 07-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
dynomax super turbo or wickedflow is popular around here because they have been known to give off a good sound and increase HP. I have a flowmaster which gives off a great sound but they don't give any performance gains. Performance gains with a muffler really don't go any further than 5HP which isn't even noticeable. Youtube some sound clips of different mufflers and make a decision, they all sound great. As far as prices go, most mufflers go for around 70-100 bucks.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
ARBman is on a distinguished road
Name: jobro
ARBman's Tacoma Gallery
ya thanks man i will check it out because i dont wont it to thats all you here is the muffler.but your right he should have done the deckplate mod its BA
Old 07-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
well its all installed and is louder that i thought but thats great. check engine light did not go on so im happy with it so far.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
xsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: AL
xsvtoyz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
dynomax super turbo or wickedflow is popular around here because they have been known to give off a good sound and increase HP. I have a flowmaster which gives off a great sound but they don't give any performance gains. Performance gains with a muffler really don't go any further than 5HP which isn't even noticeable. Youtube some sound clips of different mufflers and make a decision, they all sound great. As far as prices go, most mufflers go for around 70-100 bucks.
I have not been able to fond wicked flow these days you got a link some where?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.bearriverconverters.com/C...e-7eb7ebf6a744
Old 07-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gieser View Post
well its all installed and is louder that i thought but thats great. check engine light did not go on so im happy with it so far.
thats the only thing you'll get from it oh and lighter wallet..haha
I have one too and I enjoy the sound
Old 07-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #10
rogue76 is on a distinguished road
Name: JEFF
rogue76's Tacoma Gallery
cai

I also installed one the other day on my 07. yes lots of noise but cant tell if i lost power or stayed the same. I will have to get it dyn to see.