Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD exhaust

Old 07-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
TRD exhaust

how does the trd exhaust sound and feel compared to any other brands?
Old 07-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Banks first and it was a bit too loud for me in this truck.
I went with a TRD and it was perfect for this truck and its everyday use.
Pretty quiet at lower rpms and picks up a bit at higher RPMs and wide open throttle positions.

Nice exhaust so you can hear the engine and not too loud for me.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
I had a Banks first and it was a bit too loud for me in this truck.
I went with a TRD and it was perfect for this truck and its everyday use.
Pretty quiet at lower rpms and picks up a bit at higher RPMs and wide open throttle positions.

Nice exhaust so you can hear the engine and not too loud for me.
X2.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
X3
Old 07-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
x4
Old 07-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
RobertJ is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
RobertJ's Tacoma Gallery
I recently purchased the Flowmaster dual exhaust system for my tacoma Part # 817432 and it did not line up properly at all ended up having to take it off and return it, couldn't get it to stop rubbing on the leaf springs and it was very close to the spare tire and one tip would come out strait but the other was pointing down!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
TACO FTW
D3R3k is on a distinguished road
Name: Derek
D3R3k's Tacoma Gallery
How much did you guys pay for your TRD exhaust? Where did you buy it from? Did you install it yourself?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I installed mine myself. Took about 25 mins.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #10
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
I am very happy with the TRD exhaust, as others have said i think the sound is about perfect for the truck
Old 07-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine as well. Wouldn't mind if it was a little louder, but overall it's good I didn't want something too obnoxious. The tip looks great as well which is good because aesthetics are important too.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone who has a TRD exhaust likes it because that's what they have.
Everyone who has another exhaust likes it because that's what they have.
This also applies to lift kits, wheels, tires, motor oil, CAIs.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
unless you have had multiple. which i have not. so i like the trd exhaust.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #14
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMcompliant View Post
unless you have had multiple. which i have not. so i like the trd exhaust.
Indeed. I'm rather fond of my TRD Exhaust myself with no basis for comparison.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Maybe. Being as I have tried many systems, and heard alot, For the sound, I think the TRD fits my demand. I like it. For power....well.....Dynomax has still shown the best gain.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #16
andrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the rough
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3R3k View Post
How much did you guys pay for your TRD exhaust? Where did you buy it from? Did you install it yourself?
I'm curious about the cost of this as well. Not to intervene, but if you put the TRD exhaust on along with the TRD CAI do those combined sound pretty nice?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
I'm curious about the cost of this as well. Not to intervene, but if you put the TRD exhaust on along with the TRD CAI do those combined sound pretty nice?
I have both and rather like the sound. Deep, growly, doesn't get raspy or buzz at WOT.